Asus Zenfone series getting updates and the users are struggling to get rooted for customization of the device. The Zenfone 4, 5, 6 and zenfone 2 users who are running on Android 4.x KitKat to Android 5.0 Lollipop can root their device with ZenfoneRootKit one click root tool easily. Here in this post, I am going to share the step by step method with you. If you are interested, to Root Zenfone Series [Zenfone 2/4/5/6] any device then follow the tutorial.
Thanks to Shakalaca, he has provided the easiest and one click rooting tool for zenfone series all devices. Download the small tool zip file from the link below. Extract and then execute the script Root.bat and follow the onscreen instructions.
DISCLAIMER: Rooting is unofficial operation and you might lose the warranty of your Zenfone. Also, use this guide only to Root Zenfone Series devices Zenfone 2/4/5/6 running on KitKat 4.x – Lollipop 5.0. Proceed carefully and your own risk at all. We will not be answerable for any harm.
- Backup of all the data on Zenfone is recommended before processing.
- Intel USB driver or Asus-PCLink should be properly installed on your PC.
- Sufficiently charge the device battery before processing.
- USB Debugging Mode on Zenfone should be enabled. [Settings > Developer options]- Full Guide.
- Download ZenfoneRootkit [Link] or newer version [Link].
Steps to Root Zenfone Series [Zenfone 2/4/5/6]
- Extract the downloaded ZenfoneRootKit zip file on your PC.
- You will get [files, img, Root-Zenfone.bat and unroot zenfone.bat] in contents.
- Connect Zenfone with PC properly via USB cable.
- Open Root-Zenfone.bat script from extracted contents. A command prompt window runs on the screen. See shot below.
- Now press Enter or any other key to continue.
- While rooting your phone reboots 5-6 time.
- Finally, you will see the success message on the command prompt window.
- Done! Check the SuperSU app on the main app drawer.
That’s how to Root Zenfone Series [Zenfone 2/4/5/6].
Tip: Check status with root checker. Download from play store.