Instructions to root OnePlus 3T and install TWRP custom recovery are available. We share this guide for those who are decided to Root OnePlus 3T on the latest firmware of Marshmallow and do some custom operations. OnePlus 3T is a latest and more stylish smartphone of the company. We saw that the device is performing well and get a very positive response. However, you can optimize its features and performance further via some customization. Also, rooting is the basic requirement for all such operations. Anyway, if you have decided to root OnePlus 3T then here is everything, follow the entire guidelines listed below.
Also, as we know that root process is an unofficial operation and the warranty of the device gets void. So you will also lose the warranty of OnePlus 3T, you will not be able to get onward OTA updates and warranty services. However, you can restore it via flashing the stock firmware again anytime. So if you are interested, to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 3T then let’s go.
Note: The guide and tools here are intended only to install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 3T on the latest Marshmallow firmware. So, don’t flash or try on any other device. Also, proceed the guide entirely at your own risk.
- First, perform a full backup of the entire data on the device before rooting process.
- Also, your device’s battery must be charged more than 70%.
- Install USB driver of OnePlus on your windows PC. | Link
- Also, the bootloader of OnePlus should be unlocked. | Easy guide
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your windows PC. | Link
- Download TWRP recovery image for OnePlus 3T. | Link
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 3T
I) Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3T:
- Download the TWRP .img file, rename it to “recovery.img” and then move it in ADB folder at C:\ driver of the system.
- Now follow this concise guide → [ Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot mode on any device] to install TWRP .img file.
II) Root OnePlus 3T
- Once you have installed TWRP then go ahead.
- Follow this concise guide → [ Install SuperSU via TWRP recovery to Root any device] to root OnePlus 3T.
So that’s how to install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 3T running latest Marshmallow firmware. If you have any issue, then contact us.