Now you can update LG G2 VS980 Verizon to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, the latest Official CM12 ROM for LG G2 Verizon. LG G2 has still a strong presence in the market and the users can improve the features and performance of their devices through installing this custom ROM.
This is CM12 custom ROM (Nightly build) with lots of new and unique features. Here are the guidelines to update LG G2 VS980 on Android 5.0.2. If you have this excellent smartphone and willing to enhance their performance then follow this tutorial.
DISCLAIMER: These are the guidelines made for only to Update LG G2 VS980 Verizon to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12-Nightly. So never use it for any other variant. Also, we www.guidebeats.com would not be liable
- Backup your data whole data on the device prior flashing.
- Make sure your device should have adequate battery power. (Recommended is 70%).
- On your PC install LG USB driver for seamless connectivity. [Download here].
- Also, enable USB Debugging Mode on your LG G2. [Settings> Developer options].
- Your device must have latest custom recovery installed prior. [Guide How].
Firmware and other Downloads:
CM12 Nightly ROM Zip file- [Click here- cm-12-20150528-NIGHTLY-vs980.zip].
CM12 Google Apps Zip file- [Click here- gapps-lp-20141212-signed.zip].
Steps to Update LG G2 VS980 Verizon to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12
- Connect your LG G2 to PC via USB cable. Then copy the CM12 ROM.ZIP file on the root folder of device SD card. [Don’t unzip or place into other folders].
- Disconnect LG G2 after copying. Then Turn G2 completely off.
- Now boot G2 in recovery mode. via [press and hold volume down + Power button until you see LG Logo]. Use Volume button for navigation and Power button for selection.
- In recovery main menu select “Backup and restore” and take an NANdroid backup of your existing ROM. [that you can restore in case of any issue].
- Come back to the main recovery and perform “Wipe data/ Factory reset” and confirm.
- Next on recovery main menu select “Wipe cache partition” and confirm.
- Also, on recovery menu select “Advance option” and then “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and confirm.
- Now come back to main recovery menu and select “Install” then “choose zip from scared” then locate and select CM12 ROM Zip file. Confirm to flash.
- Repeat Step-8 and this time, select “Gapps Zip” file for flashing.
- Once both the ROM and Gapps files installed successfully. Repeat step-5.
- Finally, come back to recovery main menu and select “Reboot” to boot LG G2 normally running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
Cheers! Update LG G2 VS980 Verizon to Android 5.0.2 successfully done.
Restore previous ROM: If you want to go back on your previous ROM. Then boot device in recovery mode. Next select “backup and restore” then “restore” next select ROM backup file from the list and confirm to restore.