Root access allows you to fully control your device and customize it according to your will. Install third party apps and flash custom ROMs. Continue reading and follow the step by step guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 WiFi SM-T810 and SM-710 on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Warning: the following guide can be used to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 WiFi SM-T810 model only, check your’s device model by navigating to [Settings >about device]. Don’t use it for different variants. We www.guidebeats.com takes no responsibility for any damage incidence, use solely at your own risk.
- Backup your important data on the device.
- Do charge your device battery minimum 70 percent.
- Samsung USB driver should be installed on your PC. [Link]
- Also install and setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC. [Guide to]
- USB Debugging Mode must be enabled on Galaxy Tab S2. Do it from [Settings > Developer options]
- You will lose the device warranty by trying this guide, however, you can restore it by flashing stock firmware.
Custom Kernel for Tab S SM-810 from – [Link]
CF-Auto-Root for Tab S SM-810 from – [Link]
Custom Kernel for Tab S SM-710 from – [Link]
CF-Auto-Root for Tab S SM-710 from – [Link]
Odin3 flashing tool on your PC from – [Link]
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S2 ON ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
- Unzip all the downloaded files and move to the desktop of your PC.
- Run Odin tool by double-clicking the executable file on the unzipped Odin3 folder.
- Switch off your device completely.
- Now connect your device to your PC via USB cord.
- Odin will detect your’s device, by turning the ID:COM port blue and displaying “added” message.
- Now on Odin3 screen click on “AP” button and then select and load the custom Kernel file from extracted folder on the desktop.
- Now confirm that “Re-partition” and “auto-reboot” options are deselected and the remaining is as be the default, Then click “Start” button to start flash the custom kernel file.
- After Kernel flashing gets finished, and “PASS” message appears, again click on “AP” button and now select “CF-Auto-Root” file for flashing. Then click “Start” to flash.
- After installation gets successful, reboot your device manually
- Once your device boots normally, on main app drawer check “SuperSU” app. Open it and update binary and tap on Normally.
That’s how to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 WiFi SM-T810 on Android 5.1.1.