Google Nexus 5 is a genius and excellent smartphone that also got the android 6.0 Marshmallow and recently got another updated version build MMB29K. After updating to this version, the users lost their root access. Now if anyone is interested to re-root their device, then this guide is the right place for you. Use the guidelines step by step to root Google Nexus 5 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow build MMB29K.
The root access will re-allow you the rooted operations and you will fully get control of your device as an admin user. That will help you with optimizing your device, through various unofficial operations. Use this guide carefully and enjoy it.
DISCLAIMER: The undermentioned guidelines are only to root Google Nexus 5 on Android 6.0.1, don’t execute on any other phone. Also, we www.guidebeats.com will not be held responsible for any miss adventure, you will be the only liable person.
- The backup for all your important data on the device is very much necessary before proceeding.
- The charging status of Google Nexus 5 should be more than 70%, to avoid any critical shutdown.
- Installation of Google USB driver is must on your PC. [Download Link]
- Also, Enable USB Debugging Mode on Google Nexus 5, from [Device Settings > Developer options]
- Download and setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your Windows PC. [how to do]
Latest SuperSU.ZIP version, and copy it on the device root folder -|Download Link|
CWM Recovery on your PC- and move it on the already install ADB folder in C:\ drive. [CWM Link]
Steps to root Google Nexus 5 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow build MMB29K
- Connect the device to PC, and then move the SuperSU file on the device storage root folder and the CWM recovery file on the ADB folder on the C driver of PC.
- Disconnect and then Turn OFF the device, after copying the files.
- Now boot the device on bootloader mode, through [Press and hold Volume Down+ Power buttons until you see bootloader screen]
- Now on the ADB folder, press shift+ right-click on any empty area and then select “Open command window here” to open cmd window.
- Then reconnect the device to PC, and on command prompt window enter command “fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11.5-hammerhead.img” to flash recovery file.
- After flashing, select Recovery mode to enter into CWM recovery.
- Then on CWM recovery menu select “Install” and then locate the “SuperSU” ZIP file, then confirm to flash.
- Come back to recovery mode and then select “Reboot” to boot the device normally.
That’s how to root Google Nexus 5 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Leave a Comment