If you have Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T810 or Galaxy Tab S SM-815 and want to enhance and performance of the device through customization, then you first have to root Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T810 and SM-815 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Root is the basic and necessary operation before to customize the device. After getting root access you can install third party ROMs and apps on your device. Following is an easy guide to root Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T810 and SM-815.
Disclaimer: You can use this guide to root Galaxy Tab WiFi S2 SM-T710 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop; don’t use for any other device. Also, we www.guidebeats.com will not to be held liable for any mishap, try at your own risk.
- You should properly backup your device important data, such as contacts, messages, gallery items etc.
- Your tablet battery charge should be at least 70% charged.
- Download and Install Samsung USB driver on your PC. [Click here]
- Also install and setup ADB/Fastboot drivers on your PC. [Click here]
- On your device Enable USB Debugging Mode, navigate to [Settings > Developer options]
- Applying this guide will void the device warranty.
Download required file:
Download the CF-Auto-Root for SM-810 from here – [Link]
Download the CF-Auto-Root for SM-815 from here – [Link]
Download the Odin3 flash tool on your PC from here. [Link]
Steps to root Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T810 and SM-815 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Unzip the required “CF-Auto-Root” and “Odin3” files on the desktop of your PC.
- Go to Odin unzipped folder and double-click on “Odin3 v-3.x.x.exe” file to run Odin3 flash tool on your PC.
- Turn OFF your device completely and then boot the device on downloading mode, via [Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button] until you see warning screen, press Volume Up button to enter.
- Connect your Tab S2 to your PC using USB cable.
- Odin detects your device and the ID:COM port on Odin will turns blue, “Added” message displays. If not then re-install USB driver.
- When device connects successfully, Click on “AP” button on the Odin.
- Then locate and select “CF-Auto-Root” .md5 file.
- Make sure that “Re-partition” box is empty, leave other settings as by default.
- Now click on Start” button on the Odin screen.
- Wait until flashing completes and PASS” message displays on screen.
- Your device will reboot automatically. If doesn’t do it manually.
That’s how to root Galaxy Tab S2 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.