Lenovo has started pushing Marshmallow updates for K3 Note and the users in India are now getting OTA updates. Also, manual download and update to Marshmallow exist here. We have already updated you at manual update process. [Check this easy guide to update K3 Note to Marshmallow]. If you have already updated to Marshmallow then you might also lose the root access of your device. If you interested to Root Lenovo K3 Note at Marshmallow then follow this guide. Here we provide an easy step wise guide to Root Lenovo K3 Note after updating to Marshmallow 6.0.
Root provides you some enhanced performance and customization options. Also, you can become the full admin user of your device. However, it will void your device warranty. After rooting you may also lose your data so take a complete backup for all your necessary data before going to process.
DISCLAIMER: Using these guidelines users can root Lenovo K3 Note running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Don’t try on any other phone. Also, this will void K3 Note warranty. Use all these instructions only at your own risk.
- Perform a complete backup of your data at K3 Note.
- Install USB driver of Lenovo in your PC. [Download Page].
- Do sufficiently charge K3 Note battery -> At least 60%.
- K3 Note must have Custom recovery like TWRP installed. [Easy guide].
- Download SuperSU zip file from chainfire official page. [Link].
Steps to Root Lenovo K3 Note on Android 6.0
- Download and then copy the SuperSU into K3 Note internal storage.
- Disconnect K3 Note from PC and turn off.
- Now boot K3 Note in recovery mode. => [press and hold UP + Vol. Down + Power button at the same time]. Release when recovery mode displays at the screen.
- In recovery mode choose “Install zip from SD-Card” then select “Choose Zip from sdcard” option.
- Then locate and select SuperSU zip file and then select YES-Install to start flashing.
- Now come back and select “Reboot” from main recovery menu.
That’s how to Root Lenovo K3 Note running Android 6.0.
Leave a Comment