The 1st release of OnePlus manufacturers “OnePlus One” is getting the AOSP based Android 7.0 Nougat from the XDA developer updateing. The developers have received the source code of the newly released Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and are now providing the non-official ROMs for the users. This ASOP Android 7.0 Nougat for OnePlus One is the initial build and has many bugs. However, you can enjoy the full features of Android 7.0 Nougat. Here is the download link and flashing tutorial.
Simply download the AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat ROM from the link and then flash it using the step by step guide. However, your device must be rooted and have TWRP installed on it. Also, this is an unofficial and initial build having bugs and issues.
DISCLAIMER: Via this guide/ firmware you can just Update OnePlus One to Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM. This ROM is not compatible with any other variant. Also, proceed only at your own risk.
- Ensure to take a full backup of the entire data first then proceed.
- OnePlus One should have at least 80% charge at the battery before proceeding.
- Install the USB driver of OnePlus at the PC. [Download Link]
- Install TWRP and Root Oneplus One. [Easy guide] skip you already have done.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM for OnePlus One
Download Gapps for Android 7.0 Nougat. [Link]
Steps to Update OnePlus One to Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM.
- Download the ROM ZIP file and Gapps package from the link provided above and then move it the device memory root folder.
- Disconnect OnePlus and Switch off
- Enter OnePlus into recovery mode by press and hold VOL DOWN+POWER for a few seconds.
- Take a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery then go back to main recovery menu.
- Then select WIPE>> ADVANCE WIPE> Select “wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and Data” options there then do Swipe at the bottom to confirm and Factory Reset.
- Come back to recovery and select tap “Install” option >> select ROM Zip file>> do Swipe at the bottom to confirm and flash.
- Re-tap the Install option and this time select the Gapps zip file >> do Swipe to Confirm.
- Finally, select Wipe cache and Dalvik cache then Reboot
That’s how to Update OnePlus One to Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM.