Android 6.0 based CM13 Marshmallow for Google Nexus 4 smartphones has been released recently by CyanogenMod team. The user of this nice device can now enjoy this unofficial and custom ROM firmware. As Google has already exposed that Nexus 4 has no plan of Android 6.0 Marshmallow. So this is an opportunity for the user of Nexus 4. Here in this guide, I am going to share with you an easy method to Install Official CM13 Marshmallow ROM on Nexus 4.
CM13 are the best custom ROMs and has brought a lot of new and improved features that will renovate your smartphone. If you are planning to enhance the device performance then follow this tutorial completely. Do remember that your device should be rooted along with TWRP recovery installed on it.
DISCLAIMER: These guidelines can be used to Install Official CM13 Marshmallow ROM on Nexus 4 only. Don’t try to flash on any other variant. Also, we are not to be held responsible for any mishap. try it at your own risk.
- It’s important to take a complete backup of your data prior installation.
- Your’s device battery should be charged enough. Recommended is a full battery.
- Install Google USB driver on your computer. |click here|.
- USB Debugging Mode should be enabled on your device. [Settings > Developer options].
- You should have root access on your smartphone to install this ROM.
- The custom recovery like TWRP should be installed on Nexus 4. [How to install].
Download CM13 Marshmallow:
CyanogenMod CM13 Nightly ROM. – |Download Link|.
Steps to Install Official CM13 Marshmallow ROM on Nexus 4.
- Download the CM13 ROM and Gapps Zip files. Then connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Copy the ROM and Gapps Zip files on the root folder of Nexus 4 internal root folder for easy access.
- After copying disconnect the phone and turn it off completely. Then boot Nexus 4 into recovery mode. [Press and hold Volume down + Power Button together] until you see recovery screen.
- Once Nexus 4 is on recovery mode. Perform Wiping task (“Wipe Data/ Factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition”, and in advance options “Wipe Dalvik cache”).
- Come back to recovery main menu. Choose “Install” Then select CM-13 Zip file and confirm to flash.
- Repeat step5 and select Gapps Zip file to flash. Confirm to flash.
- Once both CM-13 and Gapps Zip files both installs successfully. Go back to main recovery menu.
- On main recovery menu select “Reboot” to boot your device normally running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
You’re done! That’s how to install Official CM13 Marshmallow ROM on Nexus 4.