Install or upgrade LG G2 LS980 Sprint) to Android 5.0 Lollipop for some better as well as rich features. This custom ROM known for various customization i.e very simple, fast and battery efficient interface.
It’s easy to install this custom ROM, you must have a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP recovery and then follow the step by step procedure below.
This guide is for LG G2 LS980 (Sprint) only. Don’t try this on any other Android device. Also, we (Guidebeats) are not responsible for any damage caused by following this instructions. Try it on your own risk. However, it’s very unusual to occur any damage following these instructions as it is listed.
1. Backup your important data.
2. Battery power (at least 50%)
3. USB Driver for LG G2 LS980 (Sprint) in your PC.
USB driver : Link
4. USB Debugging must be enabled. From Sitting Manu >developers option >enable usb debugging.
5. Your device must have latest available custom recovery installed, such as CWM or TWRP
File Required to download :
1) Firmware for LG G2 LS980 (Sprint)
Filename:[Filename: pa_ls980-5.0-ALPHA1-20141123.zip]: Link
2) Google apps
Filename: [Filename: pa_gapps-micro-5.0-ALPHA1-20141117a-signed.zip] : Link
Step by Step to install Android Lollipop 5.0 on LG G2 LS980 (Sprint):
1) Transfer downloaded .zip file to your Android device from PC. (Put it (.zip file) directly in SD not in the folder).
* Don’t extract any zip files.
2) Disconnect your device from computer and then turn off your LG G2 LS980 (Sprint).
3) Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume down & Power button, and when the LG logo appears on the screen release the button and press them again, then press the Power button three times!
* In recovery mode use Volume Keys to navigate up/down and Power button to select an option.
4) First of all create a backup of your existing ROM by performing Nandroid backup.which you can restore later on if this new ROM don’t perform the way you want or if there is any issue. To do so, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again.
Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
5) Perform data wiping task. To perform this,
* In recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for few minutes till the data wipe is complete.
Now come back to CWM recovery main menu.
* Select “wipe cache partition” and after wiping cache partition process done,
* select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” in “advance option” to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
Perform this step “wipe Dalvik cache” 3 times to avoid any bootloop issue.
6) Now Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now locate Paranoid Android (Alpha Build).Zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing power button and cofirm installation by pressing YES in the next screen.
7) Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the Step6 but choose the “pa_gapps-micro-5.0-ALPHA1-20141117a-signed.zip” file instead of ROM.zip to install the Google apps package.
8) When installation is completed, perform the Step 4 one more time and then go back to the main recovery menu and select “reboot system now” to reboot your LG G2 LS980 (Sprint) and boot into Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM.
That’s it. You done it.
* Go back to previous ROM:
If you want to return to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select “backup & restore” then restore your previous ROM by selecting its backup file that you have taken in Step4 from the list.
When the process completes your previous ROM reinstalled.
Keep visiting us & see forward for more interesting articles.