The LG V20 users now can root their device and install TWRP custom recovery. Here we share a simple guide on how to root LG V20 and install TWRP custom recovery. The LG V20 is a great phone and comes with 5.7 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 2560 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor along with 4GB RAM and 32/64GB ROM. So if you are the owner of this great phone and want to unleash the power of your Android phone or want to customize LG V20 beyond the limits. Then the first priority to install TWRP custom recovery and root LG V20. The TWRP is custom recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery. It is open sources custom recovery; with the help of TWRP recovery you can install third-party firmware, Kernel, Xposed, Rooting, Custom ROM and much more.
Rooting the phone, nowadays rooting is not big science. Most of the users root their devices and get the full power of Android devices. By following given below guide you can easily root LG V20 and install TWRP custom recovery. Root LG V20 can enhance the phone performance and you will be able to install custom Rom, apps, and setting in your phone. After rooting the LG V20, you can break all the restrictions and use your device with maximum power. First, you should unlock the bootloader of your device, then install TWRP and then you can root LG V20.
Rooting LG V20 can void your phone warranty. Also, it wiped clean all your important data. So we are highly recommended to keep the backup of all your important data before proceeding. If you are interested in root LG V20 and install TWRP custom recovery then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on LG V20 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on LG V20
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on LG V20.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on LG V20.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
How to Install TWRP on LG V20:
- First of All, complete all the things given in the Pre-requirements section.
- Once you downloaded all requirements then Download TWRP for LG V20 from Here
- Once downloaded the TWRP then copy the files in the folder where you have installed ADB usually the ADB files are present in local Disk C -> Android
- Now After Going to the ADB folder, you have to launch the command window
- Press and Hold shift button and Right mouse button together to Open Command window.
- Now connect your LG V20 to your Computer in the fastboot mode
- To boot in Fastboot mode give the following command
adb reboot bootloader
Now Check if the PC has recognized your phone or not To check via below Command
If your Android device show in the Command window which means your device is successfully connected to PC
Now enter the commands to Install TWRP recovery on LG V20
Fastboot flash recovery.img
Now TWRP recovery installation process will start on your device