The latest version Android 6.0 Marshmallow beta C185B511 build for Ascend Mate 7 has been released officially by the manufacturer, via OTA in some regions. Users are receiving OTA notifications. If you still have not able to update through OTA and want to update your device manually. Then by using this tutorial you can easily Update Huawei Ascend Mate 7 [L09/ TL10] to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
This firmware is a first and beta testing build and may have some bugs. However, the future updates will solve all the errors and will make the firmware stable. If you are interested and still willing get these updates then go ahead and follow the step by step tutorial.
DISCLAIMER: This tutorial and firmware are only to Update Huawei Ascend Mate 7 [L09/ TL10] running on B326 build to Android 6.0 Marshmallow beta B511 firmware. Never use for any other variant. For any damage, you only will be responsible.
- It’s strongly recommended to take a proper backup of all your important data on the device.
- Also, your device must have more than 70% charge.
- Make sure that the USB driver of Huawei is installed on your PC. [Download Link]
- Your device should be running on B326 Lollipop firmware with stock recovery.
OTA Firmware Info:
- Device: Huawei Ascend Mate 7 MT7-L09/MT7-TL10.
- Firmware: Android 6.0 Marshmallow EMUI 4.0.
- Build Number: MT7-L09C185B511/ MT7-TL10C185B511.
- Region: Middle East/Africa.
- Status: Official (beta).
Download OTA Beta Firmware:
1- Huawei Ascend Mate 7 MT7-L09 – |Click here| – |Size- 857.3 MB|.
2- Huawei Ascend Mate 7 MT7-L10 – |Click here| – |Size- 857.3 MB|.
Steps to Update Huawei Ascend Mate 7 [L09/ TL10] to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Download your device’s specific firmware “update.zip” from the provided link above.
- Now connect Mate 7 to your PC and Transfer the download “Update.zip” on the device external microSD card without extracting. [Place it in the folder named “dload”].
- After copying, disconnect the phone from PC. And go to Settings >> Updates >> Tap on Menu >> Select “Local update” >> Browse and select “Update.zip” package >> Then confirm to start flashing.
Update: You can also use Recovery mode to flash the updates, Turn off your device >> Press and hold Vol. Up+ Vol. Down+ Power buttons simultaneously.