Droid Razr M, a famous smartphone of Motorola is getting some updates. Here is the Lollipop final Android 5.1.1 version via BlissPop Custom ROM for Droid Razr M. And those who have not updated their device to stock ROM and willing to flash custom ROM, can update Motorola Droid Razr M to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using this tutorial.
Thanks to BlissPop team for this excellent and stable ROM. In this guide, I will assist you to easily update Motorola Droid Razr M. simply download the BlissPop ROM from the available link and the flash it to the device using Custom Recovery TWRP/CWM.
DISCLAIMER: The guide refers only to Update Motorola Droid Razr M xt907 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via BlissPop Custom ROM. Not for any other device. Also, you solely will be responsible for any damage.
Preps | Requirements.
- Take and store safely, the complete backup of your important data and the device.
- Take care of the device battery charge that should be at least 70%.
- USB driver of Motorola should be installed on your PC. [Download Link].
- Also, USB Debugging Mode should be enabled on the device. Form [Settings > Developer options].
- Enable Developer options from. [Settings > About phone > tap 7 times on software build].
- Droid Razr M should have the Custom recovery TWRP pre-installed. [Guide].
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop BlissPop ROM file. |Download Link|.
Compatible Gapps zip file with Lollipop. |Download Link|.
Steps to Update Motorola Droid Razr M to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via BlissPop Custom ROM.
- Connect Droid Razr M to your PC via USB cable. Then transfer the downloaded ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files on the root folder of microSD card.
- After copying disconnect your device and turn it off completely.
- Now boot your device into recovery mode. Via [Press and hold Volume UP+ Home+ Power buttons] simultaneously until you seen recovery mode.
- Once you are in recovery mode, perform data wiping task. First choose “Wipe Data/Factory Reset “> confirm Yes. Second select “Wipe cache partition” > confirm Yes. Third choose “Advance options > Wipe Dalvik Cache” > Confirm Yes.
- Now on recovery screen “Mount and Storage > Format/System > Confirm Yes”. Then go back.
- Once you’re on recovery screen, tap on “Install” > Then select “Install Zip from SD Card”. > Next locate and select ROM.Zip file and confirm to flash.
- Repeat Step6 and flash Gapps.Zip file this time.
- Then go back to main recovery menu. Select “Reboot system” to boot the Droid Razr M normally.
That’s how to Update Motorola Droid Razr M to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.