Rooting is an operation that gives you full access to the device root directory and commands. The Galaxy Tab S2 WiFi SM-T715 already comes on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with much powerful hardware of 8.0-inch display, 4000mAh battery, Exynos 7 Octa 5433, 64/32GB of storage, fingerprint scanner, Sd card slot, and multi-touch. You can still improve the performance of your device if you successfully root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 3G/LTE SM-T715.
Disclaimer: the guide refers to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 3G/LTE SM-T715 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, don’t use on any other device. Also, we www.guidebeats.com are not to be held responsible for any damage, try at your own risk.
- Properly backup your important data on the device. [Contacts, messages, gallery items etc]
- Do charge your device battery at least 70%.
- Download and install Samsung USB driver on your PC. [Click Link]
- Install and setup ADB/Fastboot drivers on your device. [Download Link]
- Your device should have USB Debugging Mode enabled, navigate to [Settings > Developer options]
- Following this guide, you will void the warranty of your device. However, you can get the warranty of your device back by flashing the stock firmware again.
Download required file:
Download the CF-Auto-Root file from here. [Link]
Download the Odin3 flash tool on your PC from here. [Link]
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 3G/LTE SM-T715 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- First of all extract the downloaded files both “CF-Auto-Root” and “Odin3” on the desktop of your computer, for easy access.
- Now open the extracted folder of Odin flash tool, and double-click on “Odin3 v_x.x.x.exe” file to run Odin3 flash tool on PC.
- Then Turn your device completely OFF, and boot it on downloading mode, via [Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button] until you see the warning screen, then press volume Up button.
- Once your device is on downloading mode connect it with your PC using USB cable. While Odin tool is also opened on PC.
- Now Odin program detects your device, and the “ID:COM” port will turn blue with a message “added” appears on Odin. If doesn’t re-install USB driver.
- Once your device connects successfully, click on “AP” button on the middle of Odin screen.
- Now go to CF-Auto-Root extracted folder on the desktop and select “CF-Auto-Root .tar.md5” file.
- After uploading the CF-Auto-Root.md5 file, make sure that the “re-partition” option is unchecked and leave the remaining settings as by default.
- Then click the “Start” button at the bottom of the Odin tool screen, to start flashing the CF-Auto-Root file.
- Once flashing gets finished, and message “PASS” appears on the screen. your device reboots automatically or reboot it manually.
That’s how to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 3G/LTE SM-T715 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.