Download and install Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 unofficial ROM on OnePlus X onyx. A senior XDA member “Sarthak Narang” has recently provided unofficial CM14 ROM based on Android 7.0 Nougat for OnePlus X onyx smartphone. This CM14 ROM is in alpha stage and has some bugs and instability. However, it will give you the full fun and features of the latest Android 7.0 firmware. The bugs might be fixed soon and you will get a stable Android 7.0 CM14 ROM. Still think twice to update OnePlus X and then wait for the next update.
The method to Update OnePlus X E1003 to Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP based CM14 is pretty simple. We have provided here the detail and step by step tutorial for your ease. Simply download the CM14 ROM file and Gapps package for CM14 from the link provided below then flash it via the underneath guide.
DISCLAIMER: The guide and ROM intended to Update OnePlus X E1003 to Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP based CM14 Unofficial ROM. Not compatible with any other device. Also, flash and proceed at your own risk only.
- Download the Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 ROM file. [Link]
- Download Gapps package for CM14 from this link. [Click here]
- Backup you entire data at OnePlus X before flashing the ROM.
- Sufficiently charge OnePlus X’s battery before proceeding.
- Install USB driver for OnePlus X at the PC. [Download Link]
- Enable USB Debugging Mode at OnePlus X. go to Settings>> Developer options.
- The bootloader of OnePlus X should be unlocked. [Easy guide]
- TWRP recovery should also be installed at OnePlus X. [How to Install]
Steps to Update OnePlus X to Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP based CM14
- Download CM14 Android 7.0 Nougat and Gapps Zip files for OnePlus X from the link above.
- Connect OnePlus X to PC and move both the CM14 and Gapps to the device external SD-card root directory.
- Remove USB cable to unplug and then Power OFF OnePlus X.
- Now BOOT OnePlus X into recovery mode and select Wipe data/ Factory reset.
- Then select “Wipe Cache Partition” at recovery on OnePlus X and then go back.
- Select “Install Zip from SD card” and choose CM14 ROM >> Swipe to confirm and flash CM14 ROM at OnePlus X.
- Again select the “Install Zip from SD card” option and this time, choose Gapps Zip file. > Swipe at the bottom to confirm.
- Then come back to the recovery home screen and select “Reboot system now” to boot OnePlus X normally running Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP based CM14 ROM.
That’s how to Update OnePlus X E1003 to Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP based CM14 ROM.