Moto E is a prominent series of Motorola smartphones. Moto E 2nd Gen is the second smartphone of this series with pretty cool shape and performance. The device released in Feb-2015 and got an excellent response from the market all over the world. Moto users love it and still lots of android users grab this excellent smartphone. Recently the device got the Android 6.0 updates and lot of users updated to this new firmware. Today my guide is also related to update Moto E 2nd Gen 2015 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA.
OTA updates are live for most of the regions, but still lots of users have no notification of OTA. If you are one of those and cannot wait further. Then this guide will help you to Update Moto E 2nd Gen 2015 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA. We have collected the download link of OTA updates. Download the Android OTA updates on your PC, and then flash it to Mote E manually. Use the guide stepwise.
DISCLAIMER: Users can follow this guide only to Update Moto E 2nd Gen 2015 on Android 6.0 OTA. Don’t execute on any other device. Users should have a little know-how of flashing process. Also, you will be the fully responsible person for any mishap.
- Backup the entire data on Moto E 2nd Gen. before proceedings.
- Sufficiently charge the Moto E battery before proceedings. At minimum 60%.
- Install the USB driver Motorola, to connect MOTO E to PC smoothly. [Download here].
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on Moto E, from Settings> Developer options. |Full Guide|.
- Download, and then install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool in your PC. [Download – Full guide].
- Download Android 6.0 OTA updates here. [Download Link].
- Download MotoEFlashALL.bat on your PC from this link. [Download Link].
Steps to Update Moto E 2nd Gen 2015 on Android 6.0
- Turn Moto E completely off. And then boot into bootloader mode via [Press and hold the two buttons Vol. Down+ Home at the same time, Release all buttons when Moto E vibrates and displays the logo on the screen.
- Open “C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot” on your PC.
- Extract the OTA Android 6.0 updates folder. and then move it to Minimal ADB folder on C:\ drive.
- Now double click “MAF32.exe”, to run command window here.
- Then connect the Moto E to PC. and then enter the commands shown in the screenshot below one by one.
Alternative Method to Update Moto E 2nd Gen.
- In the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot” folder at ‘C:\’ drive copy the Android 6.0 OTA updates and “MotoEFlashALL.bat” as well.
- Connect Moto E to PC while it’s in bootloader mode.
- Then run the .bat file that you have downloaded and copied to ADB folder.
- The flashing starts Automatically and gets completed in a while.
- Mote E reboots automatically on process completion.
That’s how to Update Moto E 2nd Gen 2015 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.