Huawei P9 already derived with marshmallow firmware but here is the updated B161 Marshmallow build for the P9 EVA-L09, EVA-L19 variants. The updates bring some improvements, stability and bugs fixing. OTA alerts are live for B161 in the region. If someone is willing to update their device via local update process then here is the official download link. Users can directly download B161 build from the link provided below and then flash it to update Huawei P9 manually.
DISCLAIMER: Update Huawei P9 [EVA-L09/ EVA-L19] running C432 based firmware only to B161 Marshmallow using this firmware and guidelines. Not compatible with any other variant. Also, proceed and flash it only at your own risk.
- Device Models: Huawei P9 – EVA-L09, EVA-L19.
- Firmware: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow [EMUI– 4.1].
- Build NO: EVA-L09C432B161/ EVA-L19C432B161 [B161].
- Region: Europe.
- Status: Official OTA Package (stable)
- Backup all your necessary data before going to updates process.
- Also, charge the P9 battery at least 70% prior to starting the updating.
- Install USB Driver or Hi-suite of Huawei at the PC to connect device and PC. [LINK]
Download B161 Build for P9 EVA-L09 variant: |Official Link| – |Size:1.5 GB|
Download B161 Build for P9 EVA-L19 variant: |Official Link| – |Size:1.5 GB|
Steps to Update Huawei P9 [EVA-L09/ EVA-L19] to B161 Marshmallow.
- Download B161 specific for your P9 variant from the links provided;
- Now extract the downloaded zip file and find app at the resulting unzipped folder.
- Then connect P9 with PC and copy the Update.app file from the unzipped folder to the dload folder of the micro SD card. [If dload folder doesn’t find there then create and name it dload].
- After successful copying disconnect P9 from the PC.
- Dial *#*#2846579#*#* code at the main dialer of the device.
- Now select Software Upgrade>> then SDCard Upgrade>> and finally tap OK to confirm the update.
- This will start the update process wait for completion.
That’s how to Update Huawei P9 [EVA-L09/ EVA-L19] to B161 Marshmallow Build