The big and long waited updates of Samsung ‘Android 6.0 Marshmallow’ have been finally released for both S6 & S6 Edge G920F/G925F. The OTA of Android M updates are started in UK and on Vodafone carrier only. The users of S6 and S6 Edge with UK and with Vodafone carrier can update Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge on Official Marshmallow. User can also update Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge on Official Marshmallow [G920F/G925F] with manually downloading the OTA updates from the link and then flash to device via Odin tool.
Official Marshmallow for Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge is available on SamMobile and if you are going to update Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge to Marshmallow official firmware, then first signup on SamMobile and then download Android M OTA for your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge G920F/G925F.
This is the official updates for the upper mentioned device with lots of new and nice features. Some of the new features included version 4.0 internet browsers with a built-in ad-block app, New Cross App, Doze a power-saving feature, white status bar and quick toggles menus and some new icons for previous app etc. Shortly it’s a fully new and a big update of Samsung manufacturers.
DISCLAIMER: These OTA and guide are only to update Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge on Official Marshmallow with model number G920F/G925F, of UK and with Vodafone carriers. Updating other devices with this updates will brick your device. Check your device full info before flashing. Also, proceed solely on your own risk.
- Backup for your entire data on the device prior proceedings.
- Make sure that the device is sufficiently charged.
- Install Samsung USB driver on the PC to smooth connectivity. [Download Link].
- USB Debugging on S6 or S6 Edge should be enabled. Go to [Settings > Developer options]. Full Guide.
- Download Odin flashing tool latest version from here. [Download Link].
- OTA updates Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Galaxy S6 – |Download Link|.
- OTA updates Android 6.0 Marshmallow for S6 Edge- |Download Link|.
Steps to Update Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge on Official Marshmallow.
- Download OTA Android M for your specific model, S6 or S6 Edge from the links given above. And then extract it on the PC.
- Also, download and unzip the Odin flash tool on PC, from the link above.
- Go to Odin extracted folder and right-click and select ‘run as admin’ to Open Odin tool.
- Now enter S6 or S6 Edge into download mode. to do so [turn off S6 or S6 Edge, then press and hold Vol Down+ Home+ Power button at the same time, until vibration. Then Press Vol-UP
- Once the device in on Download Mode, Connect it to PC using USB data cable.
- Odin tool detects S6 or S6 Edge with turning blue the ”ID:COM” port, and displays “Added” text below. [in case device not detected then change the USB port and re-install USB driver]
- When the device connects successfully, click over the “AP” button and select OTA updates .tar.md5 file.
- Now confirm that ‘re-partition” option is not checked. Leave other options as by default. Then press ‘Start’ button.
- Wait for flashing process completion and when PASS message appears. Device reboots automatically or reboot it manually.
- Disconnect the device and Enjoy!
That’s how to Update Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge on Official Marshmallow.