Here are the step by step guidelines to Root Xperia XA Ultra on Android 6.0.1 and install TWRP recovery. The users of Xperia XA running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow can root their devices via these guidelines. The latest update of Android 6.0.1 has already been released for Xperia XA and the users have updated their devices. However, after updates users always lose the root access on their devices. So here we share an easy tutorial for the users who want to Root Xperia XA Ultra on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Also, keep in mind that you will lose the warranty of Xperia. However, after rooting you will have full rights over the device, mean you can customize Xperia XA Ultra according to your will for enhanced performance and experience.
So keep all consequences in the mind and then go ahead if you want to Root Xperia XA Ultra on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Here is everything you needed, just go through step by step guide. We will first install TWRP recovery and then flash SuperSU zip package to get root access. Thanks to TWRP and chainfire for their efforts.
Note: The guide and tools here intended to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xperia XA Ultra on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. So, don’t try on any other device. Also, it will void your device warranty. So flash and proceed only at your own responsibility. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your device.
The compatible variants are Sony Xperia XA Ultra F3211, F3212 Dual, F3213, F3215, F3216 Dual.
- Backup everything like contacts, gallery items, SMS, and apps/ apps data before proceedings.
- Also, confirm that your device has more than 70% charged battery.
- Install USB drive of Sony at your windows PC. | Link
- Also, install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your windows PC. | Easy guide
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on Xperia XA Ultra, go to Settings> Developer options.
- Also, the Bootloader of Xperia XA Ultra should be already unlocked. | Unlock here
- Download TWRP Recovery file onto PC and then rename as “recovery.img”. | Link
- Download SuperSU zip package at your PC. | Link
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Xperia XA Ultra
- Download TWRP and rename, then move all into ADB folder at C:\ drive of the PC.
- Now follow this concise guide > “Install TWRP Recovery on any Android device via Fastboot” to install TWRP on Xperia XA Ultra.
- Finally, you have installed TWRP recovery on Xperia XA Ultra.
Steps to Root Xperia XA Ultra on Android 6.0.1
- After TWRP installation, copy SuperSU onto the device storage.
- Now disconnect and follow this concise guide > “Install SuperSU Zip on any Android device” to flash SuperSU and get root access.
- Finally, Reboot the device normally.
How to Unroot Sony Xperia XA Ultra:
- Go to installed SuperSU app from app drawer.
- Then go to settings → scroll down → tap full unroot → continue → wait for a few minutes to completely unroot Sony Xperia XA Ultra
So that’s how to Root Xperia XA Ultra on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and Install TWRP Recovery. If you have any query, then contact us.
Hey, could you help me with booting my XA Ultra into TWRP?