Here are the complete and easy instructions to Root Moto G4 Plus on Android 7.0 Nougat and Install TWRP Recovery. We have managed this guide for those who have updated their device to the latest Android 7.0 firmware. We have already guided to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Moto G4 Plus OTA. However, here the guide to root it, if you willing to get root on Moto G4 then here is everything you required. Follow the steps correctly to Root Moto G4 Plus on Android 7.0 Nougat and Install TWRP Recovery. All credits goes to XDA developer doomed151, thanks a lot for the process.
Root access is completely unofficial and in a result you will lose the device’s warranty. However, the process allows you to enhance the device performance. You will then have full control and admin rights on the device. So you will be able to flash custom ROMs like CyanogenMod, remove bloatware, Titanium backup, and install any third party application on the device. If you really want to Root Moto G4 Plus on Android 7.0 Nougat and Install TWRP Recovery, then follow the guide step by step.
Note: This root guide is only intended to Root Moto G4 Plus on Android 7.0 Nougat. Don’t try to use for any other device. Also, the root process will void the warranty of the device and will also wipe the existing data. Proceed everything only at your own risk.
- Properly backup your entire data on the device before starting the root process.
- Also, make sure that Moto G4 has sufficiently charged battery/ more than 70%.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the device, go to Settings > Developer options.
- Install the latest USB driver of Motorola at the PC. | Download Link
- Also, install ADB and Fastboot drivers at the Windows PC. | Easy guide
- The bootloader of the device should be already unlocked. | Unlock here
- Download TWRP Recovery .img file for Moto G4 Plus. | Link
- Download Phh’s SuperSU root tool for Moto G4 Plus. | Link
- Open SuperSU file without unzipping→ find and open “config.txt” file inside.
- Find “eng verity crypt” text in the file→ then replace it with “eng noverity nocrypt”.
- Save and close the file.
Steps to Root Moto G4 Plus on Android 7.0 Nougat
Install TWRP on Moto G4 Plus
- Move the TWRP .img file in the ADB installed folder at C:\ Drive of the PC.
- Also, run cmd window at ADB folder via Press and hold shift key + right-click on any empty space > then click on “Open command window here”
- Now connect Moto to PC and enter “adb reboot bootloader” in the cmd window to reboot in bootloader mode.
- Once your device is in bootloader mode, enter the following commands one by one.
- fastboot devices
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot reboot
- Done! you have flashed the TWRP recovery successfully.
Root Moto G4 Plus on Android 7.0
- Now copy the downloaded and modified SuperSU zip file into device’s storage.
- Then unplug and power off the device.
- Boot the device in recovery mode, press and hold Vol-Down + Power buttons both at once for a few seconds.
- So at the recovery tap Install → select SuperSU zip → and Swipe to confirm.
- Finally, go back and tap reboot system to boot normally.
So that’s how to Root Moto G4 Plus on Android 7.0 Nougat and Install TWRP Recovery. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact us.