About Moto*G5 Plus
Moto*G5 (adapted by Motorola as Moto G5) is a progression of Android cell phones created by Motorola Mobility. An auxiliary of Lenovo; it is the fifth era of the Moto G family. Declared as successors to the Moto G4, they were first discharged in March 2017 of every few markets including India and Europe. Variations are the Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus, the last likewise being accessible as a Prime Exclusive form in the United States. Special versions called Moto G5s and Moto G5s Plus were first discharged in August 2017.
Things to remember for Moto*G5 Plus
- It may disable your phone memory, you’ll not be able to claim it.
- Follow the guide completely or you may brick your phone.
- Keep a backup of your phone.
- Also, charge your phone up to 705%.
Downloads for installing TWRP recovery
- Firstly, download ADB and fastboot driver for windows and install it on your PC. It will also install the device driver.
- Then download Drivers for Moto G5 Plus and install it on your device, if above doesn’t work.
- Now download TWRP Recovery for Moto G5 Plus and put it in the ADB installed folder and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- Now download Dm Variety disabler for Moto G5 Plus.
- you need to download Magisk to root Moto G5 Plus and then copy it to your phone sd card.
Install TWRP recovery on Moto*G5 Plus
- Enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. Now move to developer options and tap build number 7 times.
- Go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window while pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and press right-click anywhere in that folder.
- Then attach your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing.
- In fast boot mode check your connection by typing in command window ”fastboot devices.This will connect your device serial number.
- By typing the following command enter into recovery mode.
- ”fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
- Now the recovery is installed to your device.
- For booting into the recovery mode press hardware button and follow below guide.
Root Moto*G5 Plus
- Now Root Moto G5 Plus, first, download the Magisk v11.6.zip file and no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip files from above.
- Then Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In the TWRP, click “Never show this screen boot again”, and Swipe allows modification.
- Now move to “Wipe” section and click “Format Data”, and type “yes”
- You need to Reboot TWRP into Recovery mode and then copy Magisk v11.6.zip file and no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip files on your phone.
- Now start to Install Zip and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip’ and start it.
- Reboot your device and when the device boots up again move into TWRP.
- Now flash Magisk zip file, wipe cache and Dalvik cache and reboot.
- When the Phone begins, go to Magisk Manager App.
- All set.