In this guide, we have shared an easy method to Root Huawei P9 Plus and Install TWRP Custom Recovery. The TWRP recovery is now available for Huawei P9 Plus. Install TWRP and then root Huawei P9 Plus via SuperSU. This is an easy method. however, use if you already have the rooting experience. Also, keep in mind that rooting any device voids its warranty and you will also waste the warranty of P9 Plus. It can be regained only via flashing the stock firmware to the device. If you still want to Root Huawei P9 Plus and Install TWRP Custom Recovery then follow the step by step tutorial.
DISCLAIMER: The guide is prepared and applicable only to Root Huawei P9 Plus. Not compatible never use for any other device. Also, it will void the warranty the OEM. Proceed and root only at your own risk. we will not be blamed for any harm.
- Take a full backup of all your important data at P9 Plus to avoid any data loss.
- At least 70% charge at the P9 Plus battery will be required.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode and Unlock OEM from the device Settings. >> Developer options.
- Install USB driver or Hi-Suite at the PC to connect the device and PC. [Download Link]
- Also, install Minimal ADB and Fastboot driver at the PC. [How to]
- Unlock the Bootloader of P9 Plus if you have not unlocked. [Easy Guide]
- Download TWRP 3.0 recovery for P9 Plus. [Link]
- Download SuperSU and copy it to the device sd card without extraction. [Link]
Steps to Root Huawei P9 Plus and Install TWRP Custom Recovery
Install TWRP on P9 Plus:
- Unzip then rename the downloaded TWRP file as “recovery.img”.
- Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool from the desktop shortcut or start menu.
- Go to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot and copy the renamed TWRP file “recovery.img”.
- Now connect P9 Plus to PC and enter the command “adb reboot bootloader”. This will reboot the device to enter into bootloader mode.
- Then enter this command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”. This will install TWRP recovery.
Root Huawei P9 Plus:
- Download SuperSU and move to the device internal memory.
- Power off P9 Plus and then boot into recovery while press and hold VOLUP+POWER+HOME at the same time.
- At the recovery menu choose Install Zip.>> then locate and tap SuperSU zip >> Swipe to confirm flashing.
- Wait for flashing and reboot.
That’s how to Root Huawei P9 Plus and Install TWRP Custom Recovery.