Android 7.0 Nougat released recently and as usually, Google Nexus selected devices got the initial update. The users of non-Nexus devices might still have to wait for the Android 7.0 from their OEMs officially. However, developers on XDA and other forums have started unofficial ROMs based on the Android 7.0 AOSP for several android devices. Recently we have found the CM14 ROM [Unofficial] for ZTE Nubia Z9 Max. Thanks to senior XDA member Bauuuu for providing ZTE Nubia Z9 Max CM14 ROM [Unofficial]. Here is the link to download and Install ZTE Nubia Z9 Max CM14 ROM.
This is an initial release/ alpha build and contains several bugs that might affect your device routine performance. Still, it has all the latest features of Android 7.0 Nougat and you can enjoy those. Also, your device should be rooted and TWRP recovery already installed on it. If you still willing Install ZTE Nubia Z9 Max CM14 ROM then follow the guide below step-wise.
Note: The guide and ROM here are only intended to Install ZTE Nubia Z9 Max CM14 ROM. The owners of other device don’t follow this guide. Also, the ROM contains a few bugs, proceed and install only at your own risk.
- Perform a full backup for you entire data on the device before proceeding s.
- Also, ensure the device battery charge that should be more than 70%.
- Install USB driver of ZTE at your PC for smooth connectivity- | Download Link
- Your device should have TWRP installed already-| Easy guide
- Download CM14 Unofficial for ZTE Nubia Z9 Max- | Link -| XDA thread.
- Download Gapps package for CM14 – |CM14 Gapps
Steps to Install ZTE Nubia Z9 Max CM14 ROM [Unofficial]
- Download CM14 ROM and CM14 Gapps from the links above at your PC.
- Connect Z9 to PC and copy both ROM & Gapps zip files on the root folder of micro SD.
- Disconnect and turn off Z9 → then boot your device into recovery mode by press and hold VOL-DOWN + POWER buttons both at once while the device completely off.
- At TWRP recovery first take a Nandroid backup for safer rollback in case anything goes wrong with your device.
- Then perform Wipe task, select WIPE→ Advance Wipe → and choose/ select wipe cache, Dalvik cache, system, and data options → SWIPE at the bottom screen to confirm.
- Then select Install on TWRP recovery main then locate and select CM14 zip file and Swipe to confirm installation.
- Repeat step 6 and install Gapps zip file this time.
- After installation, re-tap Wipe→ Advance Wipe→ select Wipe cache and Dalvik cache options only > Swipe to confirm.
- Finally, tap Reboot on recovery.
That’s how to download and Install ZTE Nubia Z9 Max CM14 ROM [Unofficial]. If you have any query please leave your comments.