Here you can update Xperia Z1 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via Resurrection Remix custom ROM. Thanks to the developers, the download link and complete instructions to install it, are also available here. The Resurrection Remix Custom ROM are very popular ROMs for all android smartphones. The ROM has lots of cool and impressive features that you can’t find on any stock ROM. Xperia Z1 Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix will give your phone a real revival and you will enjoy the taste and experience of Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Since, Sony has already placed the Xperia Z1 on the list, whose never have a chance of official Marshmallow firmware. So if you really interested, then download the Resurrection Remix ROM and Gapps files from the links mentioned below. Then follow the guide correctly to install it safely. You just required to
Note: The ROM and guide here, are only intended to Install Xperia Z1 Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix Custom ROM. Don’t flash or apply on any other device. So we are not to be held responsible for any mishap. Flash and proceed only at your own risk.
- Take a proper backup of the existing data on the device before proceedings.
- Install the battery of the device more than 70% for avoiding any power issue during the process.
- Install the USB drive of Sony or Sony Companion at the PC- |Download Link
- Bootloader should be unlocked and TWRP installed on the device- |Unlock Bootloader – |Install TWRP.
- Download Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix ROM for Xperia Z1- | Link
- Download Gapps for Android 6.0 custom ROMs- |Link
Steps to Install Xperia Z1 Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix Custom ROM
- First of all, download both ROM and Gapps files from the links above at the PC.
- Connect Z1 to PC and copy both the downloaded file (ROM and Gapps) at the phone memory.
- Disconnect and power off Z1 after copying the files.
- Now boot Z1 in recovery mode via holding pressed the VOL-UP+ DOWN Keys both for a few seconds then select Recovery Mode at bootloader mode.
- At recovery first perform Nandroid backup of the existing ROM, for safer rollback if anything goes wrong with your device.
- Then perform Factory reset, select Wipe→ Advance Wipe→ and choose Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and Data options → Swipe to confirm.
- Come back to recovery home screen and tap install option → locate and select ROM file and then Swipe to confirm flashing.
- Repeat step7 and install Gapps file on the ROM.
- Finally, Come back and tap Reboot on the recovery home to boot device normally running the new installed Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix Custom ROM.
So that’s how to Install Xperia Z1 Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix Custom ROM. If you feel any difficulty, don’t hesitate to leave us your comments on the discussion section.