Here is the step by step guidelines to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 6 running Android 6.0 Marshmallow Firmware. Huawei has already updated their all-powerful devices to the latest build of Marshmallow. But almost all the users lose the root access after updating. So here we arrange a complete guide to root Honor 6, while it’s running on the latest build of marshmallow. We will flash the TWRP recovery fist and then use SuperSU tool to get root access. Thanks to TWRP guys and Chainfire community for these useful toolkits.
If you are the owner of Honor 6 then follow the guide completely to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 6 Marshmallow Firmware. However, the process is unofficial and you will lose the warranty of Honor 6. Anyhow after root access, you can optimize the device for better performance and memory space. You can then install third party ROM, Custom recoveries, remove unwanted bloatware etc. If you are ready and decided to Root Honor 6 on Marshmallow Firmware, then go ahead and follow the pre-requisites sections and then flashing steps, don’t miss any step.
Note: This guide and root process is completely intended to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 6 Marshmallow Firmware. So, don’t try to use for any other device model. Also, the process voids the warranty of Honor 6. So, proceed the entire guide only at your own risk.
- Perform a complete backup of the existing data on Honor 6 before root process.
- Also, the battery charging level of Honor 6 should be more than 70%.
- Install the USB driver of Huawei or Hi-Suite at the windows PC. | Link
- Also, the bootloader of Honor 6 should be unlocked. | Unlock here
- Setup ADB & Fastboot drivers on your system/ PC. | Easy guide
- Download TWRP Recovery image for Honor 6 on the PC. | Link
- Also, download the SuperSU zipped package for Honor 6. | Link
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 6
I) Install TWRP Recovery:
- Read and follow the pre-requisites sections and then go ahead.
- Download the TWRP file, rename it to “recovery.img” and then move it to ADB folder, already installed on C:\ drive of your computer.
- Now follow this concise guide → [ Install TWRP img via Fastboot method on any device], to install TWRP recovery.
II) Root Honor 6 on Marshmallow:
- If you have installed TWRP recovery, then download SuperSU for Honor 6 and move it to the internal storage of the device.
- Now follow this concise guide → [ Install SuperSU Zip via TWRP recovery on any device], to root Honor 6 easily.
So that’s how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 6 Marshmallow Firmware. If you have any query, then contact us anytime.
Leave a Comment