Today we share step by step Rooting instructions to Root Umi Plus and install TWRP custom recovery. The users of Umi Plus can now root and install TWRP on their devices running the latest Android Marshmallow firmware. We provide you everything and help you, follow the guide till the end. However, the process is completely unofficial and your device warranty will get void. Also, the entire data on Umi Plus might be wiped. So, copy your data at a safe place and then continue to the guide.
The Umi Plus is a pretty nice smartphone with high-end hardware specs. Also, the performance of the device is pretty well, but you can further optimize its performance with some custom operations. However, root access is the basic requirement for all custom operation. And here you will learn the complete method of how to Root Umi Plus. If you hold Umi Plus and are interested, to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Umi Plus, then follow this entire tutorial, don’t skip any step.
Note: The under mentioned tutorial is specifically intended to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Umi Plus. So, don’t try for any other purpose or any other device. Also, flashing firmware and root involves risks. We www.guidebeats.com strive to provide you highly accurate method but don’t claim to be free from any error. So, entirely flash and proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a full backup of the existing data on Umi Plus. Like contact, gallery items, texts and app data etc.
- Also, make sure that the battery of Umi Plus has at least 60% charging level.
- Install the latest USB driver of Umi Plus on your PC, for seamless connectivity. → |Link
- Also, download SP Flashtool on the PC. → |Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the device, go to Setting > Developer options.
- Also, Arrange an original USB data cord for smooth connectivity.
TWRP Recovery for Umi Plus. →| Link
Umi Plus Stock ROM (scatter file). | Link
SueprSU root package for Umi Plus. | Link
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Umi Plus
I) Install TWRP Recovery on Umi Plus:
- Download TWRP and the Stock ROM file and the PC.
- Now rename the TWRP file to “recovery.img” and move to SP Flashtool folder.
- Now turn off the device and remove the battery for a few seconds if removable.
- Then run SP Flashtool on the PC by double clicking the SPFlashtool.exe file.
- Then click the Download tab on the top of the SP Flashtool, then click “scatter loading” button.
- Now locate and load “xxxxx_scatter.txt” file on the Stock ROM folder.
- Then click the Download button with green down arrow and make sure that the recovery option is ticked only.
- Now connect the device via USB cable and press the Vol-UP/ DOWN button repeatedly, so that the PC detect the device quickly.
- Finally, the flashing process initiates and complete with a green ring on the screen.
II) Root Umi Plus with SuperSU:
- Downlaod SuperSU Zip file and then move to device internal storage.
- Disconnect the phone and turn off.
- Now press and hold VOL UP + POWER buttons both at once for a couple of seconds to boot the device into Recovery Mode.
- Now follow this in-depth guide → Install SuperSU Zip package via TWRP Recovery to Root any device.
So that’s how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Umi Plus. Now you have a rooted Umi Plus with the latest firmware. If there is any issue, don’t hesitate to contact us via the discussion section below.