Google has already updated the Android Wear and the Huawei smartwatch has received the Android Wear 1.4 Marshmallow. Users have already updated to this latest build, however, the users still not updated their smartwatch to this latest build can use this guide. Download link and flashing procedure to install Android Wear Sturgeon 1.4 also here below. This build comes with all the latest features and improvements.
Huawei has already sent updates for most their smartphones and smartwatch. You can update manually all these devices. However, here in this post, I will show you to install Android Wear 1.4 Android 6.0 on Huawei watch. This is an official OTA build MEC23L that can be official flashed by ADB sideload. The procedure is quite safe and official.
DISCLAIMER: via this guide, you can officially install Android Wear 1.4 Marshmallow Manually on Huawei watch only. Confirm your device, don’t install on any other device. The update is official and quite safe. However, flash and proceed at your own risk.
- Do charge the device sufficiently before, for the safe flashing process.
- Install the latest USB driver from the official site at your PC for smooth connectivity.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Huawei Watch. -> Go to Settings >> Developer Options.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers or Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool at your PC.
Download Android Wear Sturgeon 1.4 for Huawei Watch. [Direct Link]
File: [signed- sturgeon- MEC23L-from-LCB43B.zip].
Steps to Install Android Wear Sturgeon 1.4 on Huawei Watch.
- Download the package from the link and place it on easy accessible location.
- Connect the device to PC and tick ‘Always allow from this computer’ at the device to trust the connection for the first time connectivity.
- Now go to the downloaded package folder and run cmd window [Press shift key + right click mouse then click ‘Open command window here’].
- Then enter “adb reboot bootloader” command at the cmd window to reboot the device into Fastboot mode.
- Next, rename the update file simply with OTA.Zip name. and then carefully enter the command “adb sideload ota.zip”
- This will automatically start the update process.
- Wait until completion of the process.
That’s how to install Android Wear Sturgeon 1.4 Marshmallow on Huawei Watch.