CyanogenMod CM13 custom ROM has now been provided for Ascend G7 by the CM team. The ROM is available and compatible with Huawei G760 Only. The G7 user who loves to Cyanogen Mod Custom firmware can use this guide to update Huawei Ascend G7 CM13 Android 6.0.1 Firmware. Thanks to the whole team and XDA developers for their great job. Follow the mentioned under steps to install CM13 on G7.
Ascend G7 CM13 ROM has all the latest and brand new features that will enhance the device performance. Some of the key features are CM browser, CM Launcher, New audio fix, multi-window, Doze option for battery saving, Fresh system UI, new themes and don’t disturb mode.
DISCLAIMER: Use all the guide and steps only to install Huawei Ascend G7 CM13 Android 6.0.1 Firmware. Also, the responsibility of any mishaps will be held upon you only. We will not be responsible for any disorder.
- Backup your existing ROM and necessary data at G7 before processing.
- Sufficient charge at G7 is much necessary.
- Install USB driver of Huawei or Hi-Suite at the PC. [Download Link]
- G7 should have TWRP custom Recovery pre-installed. [Easy guide]
- Download CM13 ROM for Ascend G7 here. [XDA Link]
- Download compatible Gapps zip file for CM13. [Link]
Huawei Ascend G7 CM13 Android 6.0.1 Firmware Installation Steps.
- Download both CM13 and Gapps zip files at the PC and the copy to G7 internal storage.
- Turn off G7 and boot into recovery -> press the Down volume+ Power buttons at once.
- At recovery main menu tap Wipe and do select Data, System, Cache & Dalvik Cache’. Then confirm via Swipe.
- Next, tap Install at recovery main menu. Then locate and select CM13 ROM zip file, download and copied earlier. Swipe to confirm.
- Do repeat step 4 and flash Gapps zip file this time.
- Tap back and then at main recovery menu tap Reboot.
That’s how to install Huawei Ascend G7 CM13 Android 6.0.1 Firmware.