Good news now Android 9.0 Pie is available for Nexus 6P via Lineage OS16 custom ROM. You can now download and install Lineage OS 16 on Nexus 6P based on Android 9.0 Pie. The Google launched the Nexus 6P device in 2015 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. There is no news that Android 9.0 Pie official update released for Nexus 6P. So before the official stock firmware released for Nexus 6P, you can install Lineage OS 16 on Nexus 6P based on Android 9.0 Pie. Full credit goes to XDA Recognized developer
The Lineage is the team behind cyanogen and it is one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built. The Lineage OS is the best custom ROM built all over the world. This latest Lineage OS 16 custom firmware is based on Android 9.0 Pie and comes with a lot of new features and customizations option which allows using your phone beyond the limits. Also, the custom ROM comes with all the official features of Android 9.0 Pie such as Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, Improved Adaptive Brightness and much more. Keep in mind the ROM still in beta stage so you can face some bugs and errors. Your device should have unlocked bootloader and must be already installing latest TWRP custom recovery on your device.
Given below we share a link of custom firmware, through that you can just download and install Lineage OS 16 on Nexus 6P based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you are interested in installing Lineage OS 16 on Nexus 6P based on Android 9.0 Pie then go ahead and follow the given steps.
- This will work only on Google Nexus 6P. So don’t try this on any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%. This will save you from shutdown during the process.
- Download theUSB Drivers
- You will lose the CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
- Need to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus 6P
- install the latest TWRP Recovery on Nexus 6P
Lineage OS 16 Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM for Nexus 6P
Steps to Install Lineage OS 16 on Nexus 6P Android 9.0 ROM :
- Download both Lineage OS 16and Gapps files from the links above and then transfer it to Nexus 6P the external memory.
- Disconnect and switch off Nexus 6P, then boot Nexus 6P into recovery mode. [press and hold VOLUP+ POWER for a few seconds and release after you see screen animation].
- At the recovery first perform Wipe data, cache, and Dalvik.
- At main recovery select Install Zip. >> select the AOSP file and Swipe to confirm.
- Re-select Install Zip at the main recovery. >> select Gapps zip file to install Google Apps.
- Then come back to recovery main page and select Reboot >> System.
- Wait for the normal reboot that might take about 10 minutes.
That’s all, You have successfully downloaded and Install Lineage OS 16 custom ROM on Nexus 6P. If you have any query or issue feel free to contact us.