Special news for Motorola Moto E first Gen, the Android 6.0 Marshmallow AOSP based custom ROM is now ready and the users of these devices can now test Android 6.0 Marshmallow on their devices, we have find this ROM for that users who willing to update Moto E First Gen to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. As the company has no plan of OTA update Moto E First Gen to Android 6.0 Marshmallow and the users of these devices can never find the official updates. But if you are an advance user and still using this device then you can try this guide to update Moto E First Gen to Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Unofficial CM13 Custom ROM. Follow are the easy and simple instructions to update Moto E First Gen to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Also keep in mind that the firmware is still under development, so the ROM is not yet fully stable, and may have some bugs, but don’t worry about it, your device will work normally,
Disclaimer: this guide can only be used only to update Moto E First Gen to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, don’t try it on any other device, also we www.guidebeats.com are not to be held responsible for any damage. try it on your own risk.
- Take a full backup of your important data on your device
- Your device should have at least 70% charge
- Install USB driver for Moto on your PC [Click here]
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. [Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging]
- By rooting your device you will lose your device warranty.
- Use and original USB cable for smooth connectivity.
- Your device should be rooted with Custom recovery installed on it.
- Take a backup of your existing ROM, in case CM13 firmware are not running properly and you may need to restore it later
Head towards this page and download the update file on your computer. [Click here]
Google Apps for this’s ROM. [Click here]
Steps to update Moto E First Gen to Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Unofficial CM13 Custom ROM
Step-1: Connect your smartphone with your computer via the USB cable.
Step-2: Now Transfer the downloaded zip files ROM.ZIP and Gapps.ZIP on your device internal storage root folder, then unplug the USB cord. [Don’t unzip/ don’t place the files on subfolders]
Step-3: Power off the Moto E and reboot into recovery mode.
- [Press and hold the Volume Down + Volume Up buttons then press the Power key for a while then release all buttons] and Next choose Recovery,use Volume Down to navigate, and Volume Up to confirm
Step-4: now perform factory reset by using the recovery option: select “wipe data factory reset” and confirm, then “wipe cache partition” and finally perform “wipe dalvik cache”. And go back
Step-5: Now on main recovery menu, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” option.
Step-6: Now from recovery menu, locate and load the CM 13 ROM.ZIP file to install Android 6.0 M on your Moto E.
Step-7: after flashing ROM.ZIP completes, Repeat Step-5 and Step-6 for installations Gapps.ZIP on your Moto E. Wait for flashing get finished then go back
Step-8: Finally, on main recovery menu select “reboot system now” to boot your device into new installed ROM Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
That’s it; this was how to update Moto E First Gen to Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Unofficial CM13 Custom ROM
Cheers! Update Moto E First Gen to Android 6.0 Marshmallow done and now Motorola Moto E 2014 running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
For further inquiries post your comments to us.