CyanogenMod custom ROMs are the famous ROMs and this build “Nightly” is a stable and free of bugs. If you have Moto E and want to update Moto E 3Gen 2015 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 ROM, then follow this guide completely step by step, don’t skip any step.
DISCLAIMER: Use this guide only to update Moto E 3Gen 2015 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 ROM, don’t use onf any other device. Also, we www.guidebeats.com are not held responsible for any damage, try on your own risk.
- Backup your complete data on the device before proceeding.
- Charge the device battery at least 70%.
- Install Motorola USB driver on your window PC. [Click here] – Link.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. From [Settings > Developer options].
- Your device should have TWRP recovery installed. [Guide].
Moto E 2015 CM13 ROM from this |Link|.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow Gapps from this |Link|.
Steps to Update Moto E 3Gen 2015 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 ROM
- Connect Moto E to your PC via USB cable and transfer the downloaded CM13 and Gapps ZIP file on the device internal storage. [don’t unzip and place on root folder].
- Turn OFF Moto E and then boot it on TWRP recovery mode.
- Once you’re on TWRP menu, select “Wipe” and then “Swipe” at the bottom of the screen.
- Come back on TWRP main screen and tap on “Install” then locate/select “CM13 .ZIP” file and do “Swipe” at the bottom of the screen to confirm flashing.
- Repeat step4, locate/select “Gapps.zip” file this time and do Swipe at the bottom to confirm the Google apps installation on the device.
- After both ROM and Gapps installations on the recovery main menu select “Reboot” to boot Moto E normally running on Android 6.0.
Troubleshoot: in case of boot loop issue, boot the device on recovery mode and select “Advanced” and then “Wipe cache/Wipe Dalvik” and then tap “Reboot” the device normally.