Moto G 3rd Gen is the most popular smartphone of Motorola, with attractive design and tons of new and advanced features. It has a very impressive hardware specification along with the latest android OS, and according to some analysts the phone has owned a top status in the market. The fast and smooth performance and processing are the properties of this smartphone, but for more improvement you will have to root your device and further enhance and customize your device. In this respect today we are going to guide you on how to Root Moto G 3rd Gen, Install TWRP and Unlock the Bootloader
If you hold this smartphone and willing to Root Moto G 3rd Gen, then first of all, you need to unlock the bootloader of your device and install the TWRP Recovery and after that flash the SuperSu zip file to get root access, follow this guide with complete steps,
Disclaimer: this refers to Root Moto G 3rd Gen, Install TWRP and Unlock the Bootloader, don’t try it on any other device, also we guidebeat.com are not to be held responsible for any damage, try it on your own risk.
- Take a proper backup for your important data on your device.
- Your device battery should be at least 70% charged.
- Install Motorola USB Driver on your PC [Click here]
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone [Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging]
- Download and setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC [Click here]
Steps to Root Moto G 3rd Gen, Install TWRP and Unlock Bootloader
Unlock the Bootloader of Moto G 3rd Gen (2015)
Install TWRP on Moto G 3rd Gen (2015)
Step-2: Next move the TWRP image on the ADB folder of your PC. C:\ drive
Step-3: Now go to ADB folder on your PC C:\ drive and open “command window” [Press and hold shift key and right-click on any empty space and then click on open command window here]
Step-4: Now connect your phone with your PC via USB cable and enter command “adb devices” this will display the list of connected devices to your PC, confirm your phone and then enter the following command on the command prompt window.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-osprey-2.8.7-test1.img
- This will flash TWRP recovery image on Moto G
Root Moto G 3rd Gen (2015)
Step-1: Download SuperSU “UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip” on your PC, [Click here]
Step-2: Move the SuperSU ZIP file on your Phone internal storage and then boot the Phone in recovery mode.
- [Press and hold the Volume Down + Volume Up buttons then press the Power keyfor a while then release all buttons] and Next choose Recovery, use Volume Down to navigate, and Volume Up to confirm
Step-3: Once you are on the TWRP recovery, tap on to Install and then choose the ZIP file.
Step-4: after the ZIP file is flashed on your Phone finished, Go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot the phone.
Once your phone boots up, it will be rooted with TWRP recovery is installed.
– To verify the root status of your phone install Root checker from Google Play Store, [Click here]
Run root checker from app drawer and check status.
That’s all, this was how to Root Moto G 3rd Gen, Install TWRP and Unlock Bootloader