DarkLord Custom ROM is now available and you can Install Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S4 I9500 through direct downloading the ROM and manually flashing on your device. Darklord Custom ROM is Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based firmware. It is quite smooth and stable ROM along with tons of new and interesting features. If you want to do something extra smart with galaxy s4, then this custom ROM is the right choice for you, it has lot of functions that you would never see in the stock ROM.
Galaxy S4 is the best ever smartphone of Samsung and still is in the hands of a lot user, if you want to enhance your device and install Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S4 I9500, then follow this step-by-step guide.
Disclaimer: this guide refers to Install Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S4 I9500 only, don’t try it on any other device, also we www.guidebeats.com will not be held responsible for any damage, try this at your own risk.
- Take a full backup of your important data on Galaxy S4
- Your phone battery should be at least 70% charged
- Install Samsung USB driver on your computer [Click here]
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on Galaxy S4 [Navigate to Settings > Developer Options]
- Galaxy S4 I9500 should be rooted and have a custom recovery (CWM/ TWRP) installed.
- Download Android 5.1.1 Dokdo ROM for Galaxy S4 on your PC. [Click here]
Steps to Install Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S4 I9500 Lollipop Darklord Custom ROM
Step1– Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer via USB cable.
Step2– Now transfer the downloaded ROM.ZIP file to your internal storage root folder [don’t unzip or place in subfolder]
Step3– Turn OFF your phone and disconnect it from the USB cable.
Step4– Now boot your S4 into recovery mode, via [press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together]
Step5– On recovery mode perform data wipe task (in recovery mode use volume buttons for navigation and power button selecting an option)
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “wipe cache partition” then go to advanced options and select “wipe Dalvik cache”.
Step6– then on the main recovery menu select “install zip from SD card”, then select “choose zip from sd card”.
Step7– Then locate and select Android 5.1.1 ROM zip file, that you have copied earlier on SDcard. Then confirm on the next screen, to start the installation.
Step8– after installations get finished, on the main recovery mode select “reboot system now” to boot your device into the new installed ROM, Wait till installation complete.
That’s it; your device is now running on Android 5.1.1 Dokdo Lollipop Custom ROM.
You’re done! This was how to install Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S4 I9500.