There are lot and different types of methods for communication between an Android device and your window operating system, but ADB and Fastboot are the two basic needs for any android user, when he want to access their device and make some custom operations, these two are essential tools which allow you further options for performing any type of customization on your device,
If you have a Mac or Linux operating system then you should have to think about such a program which is also compatible with Mac OS X, here in this guide we are talking about how to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux. If you want to send commands from your Mac terminal to an Android device through USB port, then follow this guide and install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux, to send commands such as reboot into recovery, unlock bootloader and flash ROMs etc. on your device.
Keep in mind: This guide refers to install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux operating system, don’t use it on Window OS,
Required file to be downloaded:
Steps to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
Follow under mentioned steps to install ADB and Fastboot on Mac:
- Place the downloaded android.zip file on your desktop,
- Next on the desktop, extract the download android.zip by double clicking, it should be contained ADB and Fastboot files inside.
- Now on your Mac, open a new Terminal. Search it on Spotlight with ⌘-Space or find it on Applications > utilities folder.
- Next Type in the following command
- Now install ADB and Fastboot by entering the following command
or drag and drop “ADB-Install-Mac.sh” into the terminal on your Mac
That’s it; this was how to install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux, now you can enter ADB or Fastboot commands anytime through Terminal on your android device.