CyanogenMod Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CM12.1 Nightly ROM is now available for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, and the users can now flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact manually, it a well-developed custom ROM created by the CyanogenMod team, this Custom ROM is full of new and advanced features, through this updated ROM you can customize and optimized your device with an easy way. Flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and get lot of new and improved features such as improved security options, bugs fixed, quick setting panel, HD voice calling and refurbished screen pinning and much more.
If you are a user of Sony Xperia Z3 Compact smartphone and willing to customize as well enhance the performance of your device, the CM12.1 Nightly ROM is seamless for you, use this guide and follow the complete tutorial to Flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact just in minutes.
Disclaimer: this guide can be used to flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact only, don’t use it for any other device, also we guidebeat.com are not responsible for any damage, use this on your own risk.
- Properly take a backup for your important data prior flashing.
- Make sure your Xperia Z3 Compact have enough battery at least 60%
- Install Latest Sony USB Driver in your PC [Click here]
- Use an original data cable for smooth connectivity.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device [Settings > Developer options > USB Debugging]
- Your device must have installed latest available custom recovery (TWRP/CWM)
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CM12.1 Firmware for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact [Click here]
Google Apps for Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware CM12.1 [Click here]
Steps to flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (CM12.1 Nightly ROM)
Step-1: Connect Xperia Z3 Compact to your PC, via USB data cable
Step-2: Transfer both the downloaded files ROM.ZIP and Gapps.ZIP on your device internal storage root folder. [Don’t unzip or copy into subfolder]
Step-3: Unplug USB data cable from your device and turn it OFF completely.
Step-4: Now boot your device into recovery mode by using buttons combination, [in recovery mode use volume buttons for navigation and power button for selection]
Step-5: Now create a backup of your existing ROM as under
- On CWM Recovery Select “Backup and Restore”
- On TWRP Recovery tap on “Backup Option”
Step-6: Now perform wiping data task as under
- On CWM Recovery select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes to confirm. Then Select wipe cache partition, also select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option
- On TWRP Recovery Tap on “Wipe” and then “Swipe to factory reset” on the bottom of the screen.
Step-7: Now flash ROM zip file on
- On CWM Recovery select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard” then locate CM 12.1 ROM Zip on sdcard, select and confirm by pressing the power button.
- On TWRP Recovery tap on “Install” and then locate CM 12.1 ROM Zip on sdcard, select and confirm for installation by pressing the power button.
Step-8: once ROM.ZIP installation completes, repeat Step-7 and select Gapps.Zip file this time for installations to the new installed CM12.1 ROM
Step-9: Now reboot your device from the main recovery mode, for boot up normally on the new installed Firmware.
That’s it. This was how to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (CM12.1 Nightly ROM)
Returning to the Previous ROM: Boot your device into recovery mode again, select backup” the “Restore” option, select already created the backup file and confirm to restore.
For any query do comment us.