Motorola just announced the flagship Moto G series smartphones of 2018. The latest smartphones in the Moto G series are the Moto G6 and the Moto G6 Play. However, the company launched the Moto G4 and Moto G5 series prior to that. Talking about the Moto G5 series, the company launched Moto G5, G5 Plus, G5s and G5s Plus. In the Moto G4 series, there were Moto G4 Play, Moto G4, and Moto G4 Plus.
The Moto G4 series is not expected to get the Android 8.1 Oreo update officially. Also, the Moto G5 series is barely getting the Android 8.1 Oreo update now. However, we have some good news if you are a Moto G4 Play user. The news is that AICP has launched its AICP 13.1 ROM for the Moto G4 Play.
You can now install the AICP 13.1 ROM on your Moto G4 Play if you are unlocked. By this way, you are able to enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo update on your device. Taking about the Moto G4 Play, the smartphone was the cheapest of all the Moto G4 series phones. It was released in mid-2016 by the company. The Moto G4 Play consists of 5-inch HD display with Snapdragon 410 processor and 2GB of RAM.
Now, as far as installing the AICP 13.1 ROM on your Moto G4 Play is concerned, we have published a detailed guide below. However, Guidebeats.com is not responsible if anything goes wrong during the installation of this ROM. But, you can always contact us if you are stuck at any step so that we can help you.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC from here.
- Unlock the bootloader on your Moto G4 Play and Install any custom recovery such as TWRP.
- Charge your smartphone to at least 50% battery or more. Else, Connect your smartphone to the charger
- Take a backup of all the important data on your device
Steps to Install AICP 13.1 on Moto G4 Play
- Check the prerequisites section above for all the steps which are mandatory and continue with the installation process.
- Download the files mentioned in the Downloads section above on your PC or smartphone.
- Connect your smartphone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Transfer the files downloaded on your PC to the smartphone first of all.
- Now, switch off your device and boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery mode. For this, press Volume Down + Power button at the same time for few seconds.
- In the TWRP menu, press on Install option and select the AICP 13.1 ROM zip file and flash it by swiping to the right.
- Repeat this procedure for the GApps as well and flash this zip file too.
- That’s it, you have installed AICP 13.1 ROM installed on your Moto G4 Play with Android 8.1 Oreo.
- Just reboot your device to the system. After the reboot, you can use your smartphone once again.
Make sure to read carefully and follow the steps mentioned properly. If not, you can always comment below and we will be happy to guide you in any way possible