Huawei Mate 8 users have already got the official Android 7.0 Nougat beta firmware. However, as it is beta build and might contains some issues. So the transition firmware B500 has also been provided for those users who want to rollback to Marshmallow stable firmware. The rollback firmware is available for Russian, Middle Eastern and African devices yet. If you also willing to downgrade Nougat Mate 8 to Marshmallow Stable Build, then here is the right guide. We share an easy and step by step guide, to downgrade Nougat Mate 8 to Marshmallow. Follow the entire guide, don’t miss any step.
Note: This guide and firmware are intended to downgrade Nougat Mate 8 to Marshmallow Stable firmware. So don’t use or flash for any other device. Compatible variants are listed as well. Also, proceed and flash this firmware only on your own risk.
- Device Name: Huawei Mate 8
- Model Numbers: NXT-L09/ L19/ L29
- Rollback Build: B500 – [NXT-LXXC185B500/ C900B500]
- Transition- Android: v7.0 Nougat → v6.x Marshmallow.
- Transition- EMUI: 5.0 → v4.0
- Regions: [Middle East/Africa] – [Russia].
- Release Date: 9 & 4/ 11/2016
- Status: Official.
- Type:Rollback – (Transition firmware).
Mate 8 C185B500 Rollback build for C185Bxxx. |Official Link |Size: 74.24MB
File: [HUAWEI_Mate_8_Rollback_Package_NXT-L29_From Android7.0 EMUI5.0 to Android6.0 EMUI4.0_C185B500.zip].
Mate 8 C900B500 Rollback build for C10Bxxx. |Official Link |Size: 84.67MB
File: [HUAWEI_Mate8_Rollback Package_NXT-L29_from Android 7.0_EMUI 5.0_to Android 6.0_EMUI 4.0_C900B500_Russia.zip].
- Perform backup for existing data via built-in app or this guide before the installation.
- Also, ensure that your device has at least 70% charged battery.
- Install USB driver or Hi-Suite at the PC for smoother connectivity. | Link
- Also, make sure that Russian device is running C10Bxxx and Middle Eastern or African device is running C185Bxxx based firmware.
Steps to Downgrade Nougat Mate 8 to Marshmallow.
- Download appropriate B500 transition firmware for your device and then extract on the PC.
- Connect Mate 8 to PC and then copy “dload” folder from the extracted folder to micro SD card root directory.
- Then disconnect and turn off Mate 8.
- Now press and hold VOL-UP+ VOL-DOWN+ POWER buttons all at once for a few seconds.
- Now the rollback process initiates, reboot after completion the process.
- Then check and confirm B500 firmware build on the device.
- Download any stable Marshmallow build, appropriate for your device and install via the above steps.
So that’s how to downgrade Nougat Mate 8 to Marshmallow Stable Build. If you have any issue, then contact us via comments.