Huawei G8 is one of the latest smartphone, released just a few months back. It’s come with some pretty nice hardware and performance properties. However, users always tweak and modify their smartphones. Some of the users need to return back to stock status. They are searching for restore options. The users who have customized their device through getting Root access, flashing custom ROMs and Recoveries can follow this tutorial to Downgrade Huawei G8 L01 to Official Lollipop Firmware. Download your device particular firmware from the links below and flash it to your device.
If you willing to un-root Huawei G8, Restore G8 to stock firmware, restore G8 warranty, Un-root G8 and or downgrade Huawei G8 L01 to lollipop official firmware then use this guide. Follow the complete steps.
DISCLAIMER: Use this guide to downgrade Huawei G8 L01 to Official Lollipop. Don’t use on other devices. Also, we have no practical experience of all the firmware. Take it all at your own responsibility.
- Perform full data backup on G8 before proceedings.
- Fully charge the battery of G8 before processing.
- Install USB driver for Huawei or Hi-Suite at your PC. [Download Link].
Download Huawei G8 L01 Official Lollipop 5.1.1 EMUI 3.1:
- CUST Number C432 [B160 Austria] – [B170 Espana Single SIM] – [B150 Single SIM] – [B140 Dual SIM].
- CUST Number C40- [B140 Espana Telefonica].
- CUST Number C40D004 [B130 Spain Telefonica].
- CUST Number C109 [B140 Espana Orange] – [B130 Spain OrangeB].
- CUST Number C00- [B160 France Dual SIM].
- CUST Number CX – [B130 Spain Vodafone].
Steps to Downgrade Huawei G8 L01 to Official Lollipop.
- Download and unzip the Lollipop firmware according to your device CUST number.
- Copy the dload folder from firmware extracted folder into the micro-SD root directory.
- Disconnect G8 after copying gets completed.
- Tap Updater app to run and then tap the ‘Menu’.> Then “Local Updates”.
- Find and add Update .app file from the already copied dload folder.
- Choose ‘OK’ to confirm.
- Finally, G8 reboots and begins flashing the firmware.
That’s how to Downgrade Huawei G8 L01 to Official Lollipop.