Here we are going to learn on how to install custom ROM on Nexus 6P. Installing the custom ROM is the last option to customize your device. So if you are searching a guide on how to install custom ROM on Nexus 6p. Then you are at right place, we share a detailed guide on how to install custom ROM on Nexus 6p. A custom ROM is custom firmware which is developed by third-party developers. There are many advantages of installing custom ROM on Nexus 6P. Once you can “install custom ROM on Nexus 6P” then your device performance increases, delete pre-installed apps, increase battery life, added some extra features, other various improvements and much more.
The stock firmware is good, but it is limited and you bored with the same OS. Custom ROM gives you latest Android OS experience, fixes the issues and so on. Basically, the custom ROM is the modified versions of stock firmware, which contains all the official features as well as brings some aftermarket features. By following step by step guide you can easily and quickly install custom ROM on Nexus 6P. Keep in mind before installing the custom firmware you must be root your device and should unlock the bootloader of your device. While rooting and installing ROM on Nexus 6P, you can void your phone warranty.
The Huawei Nexus 6P was launched in 2015 and comes with 5.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The Nexus 6P is powered by Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 processor. The Smartphone has 3GB of RAM and 32/64/128GB of internal memory along with 12.3MP in rear and 8MP front camera. In this article we share an AOSP custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie, many other stale custom firmware is available for Nexus 6P, you can also try that one. If you are interested in installing the custom ROM on Nexus 6P then go ahead and follow the given steps.
- This will work only on Huawei Nexus 6P. So don’t try this on any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%. This will save you from shutdown during the process.
- Download the USB Drivers for Nexus 6P.
- You will lose the CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
- Need to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus 6P
- install the latest TWRP Recovery on Nexus 6P
Steps to Install Custom ROM on Nexus 6P:
- Download both AOSP and Gapps files from the links above and then transfer it to Nexus 6P the external memory.
- Disconnect and switch off Nexus 6P, then boot Nexus 6P into recovery mode. [press and hold VOLUP+ POWER for a few seconds and release after you see screen animation].
- At the recovery first perform Wipe data, cache, and Dalvik.
- At main recovery select Install Zip. >> select the AOSP file and Swipe to confirm.
- Re-select Install Zip at the main recovery. >> select Gapps zip file to install Google Apps.
- Then come back to recovery main page and select Reboot >> System.
- Wait for the normal reboot that might take about 10 minutes.