Good news Moto X4 started getting the Android 9.0 Pie official update. As we all know that nowadays most of the OEMs are busy to getting the Android 9.0 Pie OS, so the Motorola is not behind them. If you have the Moto X4 smartphone. And waiting for the latest Android 9.0 Pie official stock firmware, then the wait is over. Now you can download and install Android 9 Pie on Moto X4 via official update. This latest update comes with build id number PPW29.69-26 along with November 2018 Security patch level. Motorola rolling out the Android 9.0 Pie update via OTA, currently, the update is live in Brazil regions and soon will be available all over the world. So if you are excited and can’t wait for this OTA update then still you can download and install Android 9 Pie on Moto X4 official OTA update manually.
By following this simple step by step guide you can quickly and easily install Android 9 Pie on Moto X4 official update. After installing this latest update you can get the experience of latest Android 9.0 Pie OS and you can enjoy all the features of Android Pie in your own phone. The Android 9.0 Pie official update comes with tons of new features, customization’s, couple of design changes like Add LTE+LTE (Dual Volte) feature, Camera improvements, improved battery life, Added Panorama feature for the camera, Notch Support, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing and much more. We are highly recommended to keep updated your Android device to the latest official stock firmware which is released by Motorola.
You can check the official update for downloading to go Settings > About Phone > System, Updates > and check for any OTA notification. You can also download given below link and can “install Android 9 Pie on Moto X4 official OTA update”.
- Backup of the important data like Photos, SMS, and Contacts etc. on the device.
- Also, Sufficient battery charging level should be available on Moto X4, before proceeding the guide.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options.
- Also, Install USB driver of Motorola at the PC for smoother connectivity. Moto X4 USB Drivers Here
Download Moto X4 Stock Firmware
Steps to Install OTA Official Update On Moto X4
Android 9.0 Pie:
- Download OTA Update zip package for Moto X4 from the link above on the PC.
- Now connect Moto X4 to PC via USB cable. Move the update zip package to the internal memory of the device.
- Then follow this concise guide → [Install OTA Zip via Stock Recovery on the device] to install the OTA updates in your device manually.