Great news for those users who have ZTE Axon 7 smartphone. Now you can taste Android Oreo OS. The latest Android 8.0 Oreo is available for A2017U variants. If you have A2017U variants then this guide for yours. The ZTE Axon 7 Update is stable Oreo build number A2017UV2.1.0B20. This is not OTA update so you can’t receive any alert. You can only install this update manually. In this post, we will show how to install Android 8.0 Oreo on ZTE Axon 7.
The latest update based on B20 which give you more features and latest security patch. If you are ready for updating then follow the step by step instructions below. Before starting the procedure you need to take a full backup to safe your all data.
Things to Know Before You Update ZTE Axon 7 to Android Oreo
- This Android Oreo is only for ZTE Axon 7 so don’t try on any other device.
- Make a full backup of important files on your device.
- Make sure there is more than 60% battery on your device
Steps to Install B20 Stable Oreo Update on ZTE Axon 7 Manually
- First of all download the Axon 7 B20 OTA zip file from the above link.
- Once downloaded then ename it to update.zip.
- Now enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting ->developer option ->. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Now Delete your Google account by going to Settings->Accounts->select Google, and from the menu select the “Remove Account” option.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by turn off your device and then Press and Hold Volume UP + Power button.
- Now select “Apply update via SDcard”.
- Now select the zip file which you renamed in 2nd step and wait until the process complete.
- Reboot your phone.
That’s all, Now your ZTE Axon 7 running Android Oreo, If you have any issue feel free to contact us via comment area!