If you want to “Root Redmi Note 5 -MIUI 10 Without PC”. Then you are at right place. Here I will tell you everything related to Rooting Redmi Note 5 with the MIUI 10 and its methodology. Basically, Xiaomi Redmi Series come with MIUI which is its stock Custom ROM. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is the Xiaomi’s latest budget-oriented Redmi Note device and is the cheaper counterpart aimed to budget consumers. This device is cheaper than earlier devices so you will get a great value for money.
Redmi Note 5 give good on the hardware side. Now let’s move to the software side. This device comes with pre-installed MIUI in it. And has highly frequent OTA updates for this device. Now, Xiaomi has launched the MIUI 10 in an event in China and was launched along with some other devices including the high-end Mi 8.
Specs of Redmi Note 5:-
- Dimensions: 158.6 x 75.4 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 181 g (6.38 oz)
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Size: 5.99 inches, 92.6 cm2 (~77.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)
- Dual: 12 MP (f/2.2, 1.25µm) + 5 MP (f/2.0, 1.12µm), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Internal: 64 GB, 4/6 GB RAM
- Card slot: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- BATTERY: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Steps to Root Redmi Note 5 on MIUI 10 without PC:-
The following steps are to root your Redmi device without using a PC. But first, you may create the backup of your data. So no data loss will appear.
- First, download the recovery and Super SU zip. Xiaomi device has its specific recovery zip. So make sure you have downloaded the correct recovery zip for your device. Super SU is common for all.
- Once both the zips are downloaded, open your file manager and go to the location where you have downloaded the zips and rename your recovery to ‘update.zip.’
- Then launch the updater app on the device. Then go to options select update package option and select the zip you had renamed to ‘update.zip‘ After you select this zip, your phone will require some time to restart.
- Once your device is restarted, relaunch the updater app on your device and hit the ‘reboot to recovery mode.‘
- Go to install and select the Super SU zip that you had downloaded and install it by swiping the option at the bottom.
- After installing the file, restart your device. After restarting you will notice a Super SU app on the menu.
- Launch the Super SU app and update if required. At last, you will be able to install the required root apps on your device.
These are the steps to root Xiaomi device without PC.