OnePlus users this guide is for you, Now you can install TWRP on OnePlus 6. For those who don’t know what is TWRP, it’s a custom recovery which gave you much more features than a stock recovery. TWRP can help you install any system files and operating system like any custom ROM. If you are planning to install any custom ROM on your device then you will need the help of TWRP, without it installing a custom ROM wouldn’t be possible. TWRP can do much more things than just installing custom ROMs, it can also help you wipe your device completely and you can also backup and restore files on your system. Overall TWRP is better than any stock recovery. If you also want to install TWRP on OnePlus 6 then you must follow this guide.
OnePlus 6 was released a few weeks ago, it’s the new flagship device by OnePlus which comes with amazing features and powers. OnePlus has set a high benchmark for the other companies in this price range. OnePlus 6 is an amazing device in it’s price range, providing every single feature a 2018 smartphone should have. Installing TWRP on Oneplus 6 will make things a lot easier, you can even root Oneplus 6 easily if you have installed TWRP on it. Installing TWRP is not difficult process but one should proceed safely for installing custom recovery. Follow the guide carefully without missing any step.
Things to know before Rooting
- Your device’s battery must be above fifty percent to avoid any unwanted shutdown
- Take a full backup of your device.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock in the developer’s options.
- Follow each step carefully, missing any step could brick your smartphone
- Install Minimal ADB & Fastboot Flash Tool for windows or for MAC or Linux
- Unlock the Bootloader of OnePlus 6 following this Guide
How to install TWRP on OnePlus 6
- Connect the OnePlus 6 to the PC via the USB cable it came with.
- Copy the TWRP ZIP file to OnePlus 6. Make sure not to disconnect the device from PC.
- Rename the downloaded TWRP file on the PC to twrp-op6.img.
- Now open a command window inside the folder where you have the TWRP file, twrp.img. To Open the command window on your PC open the TWRP folder, and then type cmd in the address bar of that folder’s window, hit the enter.
- Reboot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode. For this run the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now install the TWRP temporarily by running the follwing command
fastboot boot twrp-op6.img
- Tap ‘Keep Read Only’ Button to not allow for system modifications.
- To Install TWRP recovery permanently tap on Install button, and then select the TWRP file you transferred earlier (twrp-installer-enchilada-3.2.1-0.zip).
- Reboot your device once done
- You will now have TWRP on Oneplus 6.
That’s all on how you can Install TWRP on OnePlus 6. If you are left with a query then feel free to ask it in the comment section we will try to resolve it ASAP.