Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro owners are now looking for how to gain root access on your device. We have put together a detailed step-by-step guide that will help you on how to unlock the bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro.
For this, you first need to obtain a bootloader unlock code from Huawei. It will be required at the time of executing the fastboot OEM unlock command. For the full step-by-step follow this guide.
- “Enable OEM Unlock” & “USB Debugging” option turned on from developer options
- ADB & Fastboot installed on your WINDOWS 7 and if you haven’t, search “Minimal ADB & fastboot“.
- Valid Huawei Account logged in on your Mate 10
How to unlock the bootloader:
- Log in to your Huawei Account, create new if you don’t have.
- “Agree” to Huawei unlocking agreement presented
- Input all necessary values related to your device (the one you want to unlock) – IMEI, Model Number etc
- Click “Commit”
- You will get a popup dialog, containing your unlock KEY. Keep this save because you will need it to unlock your phone
- Now, plug your phone with your PC. Assumed that you got USB debugging enabled, pop up will appear on your phone screen, asking whether you want to allow the PC to access your phone or not. Authorize the request
- Fire up ADB on your CMD/Terminal. and type “adb.devices”
- Your devices should list on your adb window, if it does not happens then it mean that either you didn’t install the adb driver properly, or your usb port has problem now type “adb reboot bootloader”
- After the phone is booted up to the fastboot mode screen, type this in your CMD windows. Type “fastboot oem unlock [your UNLOCK KEY here]” without the brackets
- Message of confirmation should appear on your phone screen It will give you a warning about unlocking bootloader, just go with proceeding the process (YOU WILL LOSS YOUR USER DATA]
- Once the unlocking process is ends, your phone will boot up to initial set up stage
- Set up everything up until you can re-enable USB Debugging option
- Developer Options (you can skip all account stuff, security, and else you gonna do it again anyway after ROOTING)
- Plug back your phone, and from your CMD Windows. Type “adb reboot bootloader”
- Your phone will reboot to FASTBOOT MODE again. Now close your CMD Windows
How to Root Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro:
- Now launch “FHMate10Tool.exe” . Which you have downloaded in last steps
- Options will show, and the 1st is “Root your huawei Mate 10“
- Type “1” and hit ENTER
- Few more dialog and instructions will be given, and Rooting process will start
- Once the process ends, your phone will boot back to initial set up screen with all USERDATA ERASED, but with SuperSU INSTALLED
That’s all. Now the unlocking the bootloader and root the Huawei mate 10 or mate10 pro is complete.