Good News, Galaxy Note 10.1 is getting the Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware via LineageOS 14.1 Unofficial ROM. This third party custom ROM is based on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat and is now available for installation. Here we have the step by step instructions to update Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P601 to Android 7.1 via LineageOS 14.1. The ROM released a few days back, packs the entire features of Android Nougat firmware. And now the users of Galaxy Note 10.1 can take the taste and experience of the latest Android firmware. Here is everything, if you are interested then go ahead and follow the guide, don’t miss any step.
Thanks to XDA’s Developer “ShevT” for sharing this latest custom ROM. Also, the other developers on XDA, those have recently delivered a number of LineageOS 14.1 for many devices. Previously the Lineage OS replaced the famous CM ROMs and the now the users can use Lineage OS as a good substitute of the stock/ official firmware. Anyhow, if you willing to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P601 to Android 7.1 via LineageOS 14.1, then follow the under mentioned instructions.
Note: The under mentioned tutorial is specifically intended to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P601 to Android 7.1 via LineageOS 14.1 [Unofficial ROM] so, don’t try on any other device. Also, flashing firmware involves risks. So, entirely proceed at your own risk. We guidebeats.com strive to deliver you high precise guides but don’t claim to be free from any error.
- Perform a full backup of the existing data on Galaxy Note 10.1; Like Contact, Gallery items, Text messages, and apps data etc.
- Also, charge the battery of Note 10.1 more than 70% to prevent any critical power issue.
- Install USB drive of SAMSUNG on your windows PC. | Link
- Also, enable USB Debugging Mode on Note 10.1, go to Settings → Developer options.
- Also, Galaxy Note 10.1 should already have TWRP Recovery installed. → Install here
- At recovery mode, perform Nandroid Backup of the existing ROM, for safer rollback if anytime goes wrong.
- Download Android 7.1.1 [LineageOS 14.1] for Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P601 at the PC. | Link
- Also, download Gapps Package for Android 7.1 at the PC (arm32/64). | Link
Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 and Update Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P601 to Android 7.1.1
- Download LineageOS 14.1 and Gapps Zip files from the links above and then transfer into the internal storage of Galaxy Note 10.1.
- Then follow this concise guide → Install LineageOS via TWRP Recovery on any Device.
- Also, Install Gapps Package like ROM installation, in recovery mode tap Install and locate Gapps file from the storage.
- Finally, tap Reboot to boot Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P601
So that’s how to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P601 to Android 7.1 via LineageOS 14.1 [Unofficial ROM]. If there is any issue, don’t hesitate to contact us via the discussion section below.