Good News for the users of Xperia Z C6601, the Android 7.1 Nougat firmware via LineageOS 14.1 Unofficial ROM is now available for Xperia Z. And here are the step by step instructions to update Xperia Z C6601 to Android 7.1 via LineageOS 14.1. The ROM released a few days back, holding the entire features of Android Nougat firmware. And now the users of Xperia Z can take the taste and experience of the latest Android firmware. Here is everything, if you are interested then go ahead and follow the guide, don’t miss any step.
Special thanks to XDA’s Developer “Benlue” for providing this ROM. Also, the other developers on XDA, those have recently delivered LineageOS 14.1 for so many devices. Previously the Lineage OS replaced the famous CM ROMs and the now the users can use Lineage OS as a good substitute of the stock firmware. Anyhow, if you willing to Update Xperia Z C6601 to Android 7.1 via LineageOS 14.1, then follow the mentioned below instructions.
ATTENTION: The under mentioned tutorial is specifically intended to Update Xperia Z C6601 to Android 7.1 via LineageOS 14.1 [Unofficial ROM] so, don’t try on any other device. Also, flashing firmware involves risks. So, entirely proceed at your own risk. We www.guidebeats.com strive to deliver you high precise guides but don’t claim to be free from any error.
- Perform a full backup of the existing data on Xperia Z; Like Contact, Gallery items, Text messages, and apps data etc.
- Also, charge the battery of Xperia Z more than 70% to prevent any critical power issue.
- Install USB drive of SONY at your windows PC. | Link
- Also, enable USB Debugging Mode on Xperia Z, go to Settings → Developer options.
- Also, Xperia Z should already have TWRP Recovery installed. → Install here
- At recovery mode, perform Nandroid Backup of the existing ROM, for safer rollback if anytime goes wrong.
- Download Android 7.1 [LineageOS 14.1] for Xperia Z C6601 at the PC. | Link
- Also, download Gapps Package for Android 7.1 at the PC (arm32/64). | Link
Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Xperia Z C6601
- Download LineageOS 14.1 and Gapps Zip files from the links above and then transfer into the internal storage of Xperia Z.
- Then follow this concise guide → Install LineageOS via TWRP Recovery on any Device.
- Also, Install Gapps Package like ROM installation in recovery mode.
- Finally, tap Reboot to boot Xperia Z
So that’s how to Update Xperia Z C6601 to Android 7.1 via LineageOS 14.1 [Unofficial ROM]. If there is any issue, don’t hesitate to contact us via the discussion section below.