Mate 9 the stylish smartphone of Huawei is getting another update of Nougat firmware. This Nougat B156 firmware is based on Android 7.0 with EMUI 5.0 Official OS. The update is available via OTA however; we will show you to manually Install Nougat B156 Update on Huawei Mate 9 [Full Firmware]. Some users have issues with OTA for any reason. So, here we come with an easy guide to Install Nougat B156 Update on Huawei Mate 9 manually.
The update is specific for European region and users are getting alerts. As each newer version of firmware has more and more enhancements, so this one is also a stable and bugs fixing version. It also has the security patch of Jan- 2017. If you are ready to manually update your device, then here is everything. Follow the guide to learn and perform how to Install Nougat B156 Update on Huawei Mate 9 [Full Firmware].
ATTENTION: The under mentioned tutorial is specifically intended to Install Nougat B156 Update on Huawei Mate 9 . So, don’t try for any other purpose or any other device. Also, flashing firmware involves risks. We www.guidebeats.com strive to provide highly accurate method but don’t claim to be free from any error. So, entirely flash and proceed at your own risk.
- Device Name: Huawei Mate 9
- Model Number: MHA-L09/ MHA-L29
- Android Ver: 7.0 Nougat.
- Firmware Ver: NRD90M
- EMUI: Emotion UI – 5.0
- Firmware Build: MHA-L09C432B156/ MHA-L29C432B156
- Security Patch: January 1, 2017
- Region: Europe.
- Status: Official [Full firmware].
- Release Date: Jan 19, .2017
- File: update.zip
Download Nougat B156 Update for Huawei Mate 9
Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L09:
Nougat B156: |Download Link | Size: 1.7 GB
EU CUST: Click here | Size: 418 MB
Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29:
Nougat B156: Download Link | Size: 1.7 GB
EU CUST Click here | Size: 416 MB
- Perform a full backup of the existing data on Mate 9. Like contact, gallery items, text messages and app data etc.
- Also, make sure that the battery of Mate 9 has at least 70% charging level.
- Install the USB driver of Huawei or Hi-Suite on your PC, for seamless connectivity. | Link
Steps to Install Nougat B156 Update on Huawei Mate 9
- Download Nougat B156 & EU CUST specific for your Mate 9 model on the PC and then extract.
- Now find and then Copy “Update.app” file at the extracted contents to the “dload” folder on micro SD card. [ If dlaod folder doesn’t exist then create a new folder with dload name]
- Once copy completes, disconnect and turn off Mate 9.
- Then press and hold Vol UP+ Vol Down+ Power keys all at once for a couple of seconds.
- This will start the installation process, wait for completion and normal reboot.
Tip: If your device doesn’t show the B156 firmware build then flash the CUST EU zip file by the same way as Update.Zip file. [Note: before flashing CUST EU Zip file, remove the Update.zip file from dload folder]
So that’s how to Install Huawei Install Nougat B156 Update on Huawei Mate 9 [Official Updates]. If there is any issue, don’t hesitate to contact us via the discussion section below.