LineageOS Custom ROMs the replacement of CyanogenMod Custom ROMs are now available for almost all android devices. Previously the CM team has announced and then they have stopped further official support of the CM ROMs. However, thanks to the developers and CM team, they have officially started another Custom ROM (Lineage OS) for almost all android devices. And now the lovers of CM custom ROMs can Install LineageOS as the real replacement of CyanogenMod ROM on their android devices. LineageOS will have the more improve features of CM ROMs and may have some unique features. So, here we provide the step by step method to Install LineageOS Via TWRP Recovery on any Android device.
The process to install LineageOS Via TWRP Recovery is so simple and just like CM ROMs installation via TWRP Recovery. You just have the TWRP recovery already installed on your device. Then download LineageOS Official/ Unofficial file and then follow the under listed steps to install it, don’t miss any step.
Note: The under mentioned tutorial is specifically intended to Install LineageOS Via TWRP Recovery on any Android. So, don’t try for any other purpose or any other recovery. Also, flashing firmware involves risks. So, entirely flash and proceed at your own risk. We www.guidebeats.com strive to provide you highly accurate method but don’t claim to be free from any error.
- Perform a full backup of the existing data on the device; Like contact, gallery items, text messages, and app data etc.
- Also, make sure that the battery of the device has at least 70% charging level.
- Install the USB driver of your’s device manufacturers on the PC, for seamless connectivity. | Link
- Also, your device should have the TWRP recovery already installed. | Install here
LineageOS Zip file for your device. | Source Page | Skip if you already have downloaded.
Gapps Package Zip file for your ROM. | Open Gapps | skip if you already have downloaded.
Steps to Install LineageOS Via TWRP Recovery
- Download LineageOS ROM and Gapps Zip files and then transfer both Zip files to the device internal storage.
- Then boot your device into Recovery Mode, → Turn OFF → Press and hold buttons combination [various on each device] for a few seconds.
- Once you are in recovery, tap Nandroid and proceed, to take backup of the existing ROM, for the safer rollback option.
- Then tap Wipe → Swipe to Factory Reset → Go back
- Now tap → Install → locate and select LineageOS Zip file, → Swipe to confirm. → Wait for process completion.
- Re-tap → Install → locate and select Gapps Zip file → Swipe to confirm.
- Once the ROM and Gapps installation completed, tap Wipe →Advance Wipe → select Wipe cache + Dalvik cache → Swipe to confirm.
- Finally, tap reboot on the recovery main screen.
So that’s how to Install LineageOS Via TWRP Recovery. If there is any issue, don’t hesitate to contact us via the discussion section below.