Step by step instructions to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei Mate 9 are available here. Huawei Mate 9 is the latest smartphone of Mate lineup. The device has pretty nice specs and performance. Here is the unofficial TWRP recovery by Tkkg1994 and the Chainfire’s SuperSU root package for Mate 9. If you want to Root Huawei Mate 9 and Install TWRP Recovery, then follow this guide. We all know that root is the base for the custom operations and if you willing to further enhance the performance of Mate 9 then here is everything. Download TWRP image and SuperSU root tool from the links given below. Then follow the steps completely to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei Mate 9 by flashing SuperSU tool.
Root process voids the warranty and you would not be able for OTA updates. Also, you can restore the warranty by flashing the stock firmware Mate 9 anytime. However, you should have a little bit experience of flashing and rooting. If you are ready and decided to Root Huawei Mate 9 and Install TWRP Recovery then go ahead and follow the preparations and steps completely, don’t miss any step.
Note: The guide and process here are intended to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei Mate 9 [MHA-L29/ L09/ AL00/ TL01] models only. So, don’t try on any other model number. Also, it will void the warranty of Mate 9. So, completely proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a full backup of the existing data on Mate 9 before proceeding the guide.
- Also, make sure that the battery of Mate 9 has at least 70% charge.
- Install the USB driver of Huawei or Hi-Suite at the PC. | Link
- Also, the bootloader of Mate 9 should be unlocked earlier. | Easy guide
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers at your PC. | Windows Users | Mac Users
- Also, enable USB Debugging Mode on Mate 9, go to Settings > Developer options.
- Download TWRP Recovery 184.108.40.206 for Huawei Mate 9. | Link
- Also, download SuperSU root package for Mate 9. | Link
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei Mate 9
1) Install TWRP on Huawei Mate 9:
- Download TWRP Recovery file from the link above at the PC and then rename it to “recovery.img”.
- Now follow this concise guide → [Install TWRP via Fastboot on any device] to flash TWRP on Mate 9.
2) Root Huawei Mate 9:
- Download SuperSU and copy the Zip package into internal storage of the device.
- Now follow this concise guide → [Install SuperSU via TWRP Recovery on any device] to flash it on Mate 9.
So that’s how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei Mate 9 via SueprSU. If you still have any question, then share it via comments below.