Here are the simple and 99% effective guidelines to Root Huawei P9 Lite. P9 Lite is the latest brand of Chinese giant smartphones manufacturers Huawei. It’s released very recently in 2016, with a great shape and impressive hardware specs. The user’s feedbacks are also very positive. Although, the performance is nice but there are always tricks for further enhancements in each device. And if you want to further enhance the performance of P9 Lite then keep reading to Root Huawei P9 Lite and Unlock its Bootloader. Here I will show you a step by step tutorial to Root Huawei P9 Lite and Unlock the Bootloader. However, the process is completely unofficial and will void the warranty of the device. Also, it will entirely wipe your present data on the device. If you ready to Root Huawei P9 Lite, then follow the entire steps of the guide, don’t miss any section
Note: This root guide and tool are intended only to Root Huawei P9 Lite and Unlock its Bootloader. Don’t use for any other device. Also, this will void the warranty of the device. So keep proceeding only at your own risk, we are not responsible for any mishap.
- Backup the entire data of the device before starting the process.
- Also, sufficiently charge the device battery, recommended is more than 70%.
- Install USB driver of Huawei or Hi-Suite at the PC. | Download Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock at P9, go to Settings > Developer options.
- Also, Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool at your windows PC. | Link
- First, Unlock the Bootloader of P9 Lite, if you already did then skip this step. | Unlock guide
- Download this Zip file and extract, that contains TWRP and root package. | Link
Steps to Install TWRP and Root Huawei P9 Lite
- At the above section, you should be Unlocked Bootloader and Downloaded the Zip file from the link, that contains both TWRP and Root Package.
- Now copy the root package “SuperSU Zip” in the device storage and move all the remaining contents in the extracted folder along with TWRP .img file in the ADB folder at C:\
- Then at ADB folder press and hold Shift key and Right-Click on any empty space then click on “Open command window here” popup menu.
- Now connect P9 Lite to PC and issue the following commands one by one, followed by hit enter button on the keyboard.
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot flash recovery xxxxxx.img
- Replace xxxxxx in the above command with the original name of the TWRP then press enter button.
- adb reboot recovery
- The above commands will flash TWRP Recovery and then reboot the device in Recovery Mode.
- Now tap Install → Choose and select SuperSU Zip → then Swipe on the bottom of the recovery screen to confirm.
- Finally, go back and tap reboot followed by System to reboot the device normally.
So that’s how to Root Huawei P9 Lite, Install TWRP Recovery and Unlock the Bootloader. If you have any further inquiries, do contact us via the comments.